Options

Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?

2»

Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:ce1dce79-ff04-4679-9e83-c292068da6f9">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a waste of my time. I don't understand, <strong>is this amusing to all of you or are you just bored</strong>? I genuinely don't know <strong>why people have to be pointlessly</strong>... Don't even know what the word is. It's not really mean, but I guess it's just... petty. Petty indeed. Grow up, maybe? Go play with your children or do something with your spouse <strong>instead of acting like I'm an idiot or something.
    </strong>Posted by kat1822[/QUOTE]

Can't it be both?

What does this even mean??  ETA:  Oh, I get it.  You're calling us mean and petty.  We've never heard that one before.  The pity is new as well.

We're not acting like you're an idiot.  I'm not sure how that would even be possible.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:ce1dce79-ff04-4679-9e83-c292068da6f9">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a waste of my time. I don't understand, is this amusing to all of you or are you just bored? I genuinely don't know why people have to be pointlessly... Don't even know what the word is. It's not really mean, but I guess it's just... petty. Petty indeed. Grow up, maybe? Go play with your children or do something with your spouse instead of acting like I'm an idiot or something.
    Posted by kat1822[/QUOTE]

<div>You cannot come on a public message board full of strangers & expect anything less than honesty.  We don't know you & can only go on the information you've provided us with.  If you won't even be enaged for 2 years you have absolutely nothing to plan... for 2 years.  </div>

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:9485dd92-12d7-441e-b336-2e05a9d5e385">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue? : Fair enough on the mocking part. Why can't we have two? My family would not be able to make it to the England one as they are poor. We are not signing a marriage certificate because we don't need to, so it is not a "legal" thing. <strong>We don't answer to the authority of government.</strong> So therefore in either case it's just a ceremony to give joy to family members.

Wow.  You must be bada$$es.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:ce1dce79-ff04-4679-9e83-c292068da6f9">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a waste of my time. I don't understand, <strong>is this amusing</strong> to all of you or are you just bored? I genuinely don't know why people have to <strong>be pointlessly.</strong>.. Don't even know what the word is. It's not really mean, but I guess it's just... petty. Petty indeed. Grow up, maybe? Go play with your children or do something with your spouse <strong>instead of acting like I'm an idiot</strong> or something.

Yes, this is amusing to me. 

Be pointlessly?  Seriously.  You need to read what you write BEFORE posting.  What does it mean to be pointlessly? 

I am not acting like you are an idiot.  How does one act like someone else is an idiot?

My child is taking a nap.  My husband is at work.  I just loaded the dishwasher.  I'm doing my 2nd load of laundry today.  I've already deep-cleaned my bathroom.  Plus I've read 2 chapters in patho.  By the way, it is just after 10:30am here.  So yeah...  I can do all of that AND mock you.  It is really not hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kat1822kat1822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:a315a948-803f-438d-af71-634ffd7e793e">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue? : You cannot come on a public message board full of strangers & expect anything less than honesty.  We don't know you & can only go on the information you've provided us with.  If you won't even be enaged for 2 years you have absolutely nothing to plan... for 2 years.  
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Oh I forgot to mention this. As it reads in my very first post, we will be engaged WITHIN two years. It could be this November when we meet again, or it could be later on. Seems like people misread it.
    But I understand... you all just think it's silly for me to be excited for something that is coming in 2 years. Is that a justifiable cause for mockery? I suppose it is to many of you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:9485dd92-12d7-441e-b336-2e05a9d5e385">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue? : Fair enough on the mocking part. Why can't we have two? My family would not be able to make it to the England one as they are poor. We are not signing a marriage certificate because we don't need to, so it is not a "legal" thing. We don't answer to the authority of government. <strong>So therefore in either case it's just a ceremony to give joy to family members.</strong>

Wow.  Your ceremony gives joy to family members?  You must be hot stuff. 

So in the end, you won't be legally married but will have two weddings.  You are a speshul snowflake. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:9b6e426c-9f71-4902-8cac-42b1fc41249c">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue? : Oh I forgot to mention this. As it reads in my very first post, we will be engaged WITHIN two years. It could be this November when we meet again, or it could be later on. Seems like people misread it. But I understand... you all just think it's silly for me to be excited for something that is coming in 2 years. Is that a justifiable cause for mockery? I suppose it is to many of you

Excited...  You can be excited.  Your post was not excited.  It was where should we have our wedding that is far off in the future, and by the way, we aren't engaged yet.  That is called being bat shi*t crazy and worrying about stuff you are not in the place to worry about.   

Yes, that calls for mockery when you cannot see how asinine it is to try and plan something so far out. 
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_trans-atlantic-marriage-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4d2cd7c-037b-46d2-b7b8-57ea53c61953Post:9b6e426c-9f71-4902-8cac-42b1fc41249c">Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trans-Atlantic marriage! Venue? : Oh I forgot to mention this. As it reads in my very first post, we will be engaged WITHIN two years. It could be this November when we meet again, or it could be later on. Seems like people misread it. But I understand... you all just think it's silly for me to be excited for something that is coming in 2 years. Is that a justifiable cause for mockery? I suppose it is to many of you

<div>I don't think anyone said it's silly for you to be excited.  What we all did say is that it makes NO sense for you to start thinking about your wedding before you are engaged.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you had read the sticky at the top entitled "<strong>New? Read this first!</strong>"<strong> </strong>before you started posting you would already know that nobody on this board will support pre-planners.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Just to help you out, here's the link for that:</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-read-this-first" target="_blank" title="CLICKY"><strong><u>CLICKY</u></strong></a></div>

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011

If this is such a waste of your time, OP, why do you keep coming back?

IMG_6364
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    God I love you guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards