Illinois-Chicago

To airbrush or not to airbrush?

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to get insight into whether I should consider airbrush makeup or regular makeup for my wedding day.  Does anyone have reviews (pros and cons) of both styles?  What did you end up choosing for your wedding day?

Thanks!

Re: To airbrush or not to airbrush?

• netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had regular makeup done for my wedding a few weeks ago.  I really regretted not paying more and hiring an airbrush makeup artist in the weeks leading up to the wedding.  I was worried about how regular makeup would hold up for an outdoor summer wedding.  Now that the wedding is over I am glad that I didn't pay more for airbrush.  The regular makeup held up great and photographed really well.  If I had it to do over I'd probably still go with regular makeup, but that's only because it isn't the most important part of the budget to me.  I've heard great things about airbrush too though.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm doing airbrush for my upcoming wedding and had it done for my engagement photos and loved it. was light as a feather, felt like i didn't have makeup on...
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing airbrush for my wedding too, it wasn't that much more expensive with my MUA so I just went for it. I had my trial a few weeks ago and it went great! It gives you a really smooth finish and it was important to me for it to feel light since I don't normally wear a lot of makeup. Also, I don't know if this matters to you or not but usually with airbrush makeup they can put it down to your chest as well so it gives you a little bit more of a tan look if you want.
  • edited December 2011
    I did not have airbrush and I love how my makeup looked. I didn't need to touch up at all during the day. I've never had airbrush, so i don't know if this aspect is better, but my face broke out a bit after the wedding from all the makeup i wore and getting a bit sweaty during the ceremony.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I did airbrush for my wedding and absolutely loved it! I was really unsure at first and thought I wanted to go with regular makeup but after I had the trial I knew it would be perfect.  It really felt so light, not like wearing makeup and it stayed the same from morning through the night!  You can choose how much you want to put on so i was really able to keep my natural look because I did not want too much make up.  I would recommend it!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have naturally oily skin, I'd say no. I do and tried airbrush for my makeup trial. WIthin 20 minutes, I was looking greasy and the color started to look orange. My MUA used high quality products, so I thought it was weird. I didn't like the way it felt on my skin at all. I used regular makeup for my wedding day (and every other day hahaha) and had no problems.
  • dowlin15dowlin15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only con to airbrushing is with photos it can make your face look lighter in pictures. I have done airbrushing twice as a bridesmaid and both times in some photos all of our faces looked lighter.
    March Signature, June 2012 board: When we started dating image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards