California-San Diego

Wedding Shows

I just started planning and I havent been to any wedding shows yet.  What are some of the better ones to go to?  Did you get a lot of your vendors from going?

I am going to this one on Sunday in north county that i got an email from exquiste weddings about. It seems like a fun idea even though it is a smaller show. http://inspiredbridalbowl.eventbrite.com/

Re: Wedding Shows

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't find that I liked going to bridal shows very much. I don't like the pushy sales thing and hated all the junk mail I would get from them. This show sounds different and fun, though. :)

The florist who did my wedding (10/16) is going to be at that show you are going to and you should definitely check her out. She absolutely blew my mind with our florals and decor that she did. I don't have pictures back from my wedding but should very soon!

Anyway, it's Cherry Blossom Floral Designs. I would recommend her a million times over. Have fun at the show!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a florist check out mine... Sweetpea 

She's wonderful to work with and very resonably priced.

• BelleIselleBelleIselle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the florist recs I will look into both of them!  I am excited about the show.  Bridal bazar things seem over whelming to me from looking at the photos, but this seems like a fun night, so I will go and report back.
  • anlindstanlindst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I recommend being careful about the wedding shows. You get so much spam and followup calls. In order to seperate spam and marketing from legitimate inquries, I wrote my name on all wedding show material as "Nicolette" instead of my real name Nicole. That way, any emails or calls I got for Nicolette, I knew it wasn't something i asked for. Just a tip!

• BelleIselleBelleIselle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Interesting tip!  That's a good one!
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure to create a wedding email address before you go to bridal shows!  That way your email inbox doesn't get all cluttered.

I've been to 3 shows so far.  I went with my fiance twice and once with my mom.  They usually give you a bag to carry all of the paper you're going to get.  Have 1 person carry a "yes" bag and the other has the "no".  That way you can sort thru the flyers later much easier.

HTH!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    engaged on 5/29/11... Kelly & Andy to be married -- September 29, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards