Ohio-Toledo

Limos- recs and what to do???

So... First of all, any limo company recommendations? I've called Childers and Total Image and both seem decent, and Limo Toledo is way expensive.

Second, and mainly... so, my ceremony should get over and pictures at the church should be finished between 3:30 and 4pm. We're not doing other locations for photos, and our reception doesn't start until 5. So... what do we do for 1-1.5 hours? Just drive around? Have the driver take us somewhere? Go back to the hotel to freshen up and relax a bit?

Also, every package is a minimum 3 hours (and I only double checked with one, but that seems to be the case whether its a wedding package or not? not sure.) Since our ceremony is too long to get a limo pre-ceremony, is it really worth it to just hire a limo for that 1-1.5 hours? Maybe we can rent a bride-and-groom towncar and have the wedding party arrange their own rides? (is that rude?)

Please help!
TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w

Re: Limos- recs and what to do???

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're set on a limo, book Birmingham Limo.  I was very pleased with them!!  But...

We had a much longer gap.  We went to a different location to take pictures.  Then we went to a bar and I shot some pool.  And after that, we just drove around sipping champagne. :D

I think it's perfectly fine to tell the WP to get their own rides.  Honestly, it makes it easier on them if their car is at the reception site.  My MOH had some issues getting a ride home, even though her roommate was a guest at my wedding, he did not want to drive her? Anyways... It's not rude at all.

I would personally forgo the limo and just drive away in your own personal cars. :D
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Total Image for our limo.  While I wouldn't say that they are terrible, I  probably wouldn't use them again.

Our driver was supposed to show up at 2:00 to pick us up from the Macomber Lodge at Pearson Park.  Our driver got lost, had to call us for directions, and didn't show up until about 2:30.  If your job is to DRIVE to various places around the city, shouldn't you know where you're going, have a GPS, or at the very least utilize mapquest?  Just my opinion.

On top of that, our driver drove at the pace of a snail... and he went the wrong way down a one way street in downtown Toledo.

We did provide a limo for our entire bridal party, this was especially nice since we were all traveling downtown before the ceremony for pictures.  There were 8 of us, so we reserved a 10 person limo.  We figured that we would want the extra space... uh, I can't imagine if we would have actually had the 8 person limo.  We were cramped in that car and I would have gotten something bigger if we did it again.

As for what to do with your extra time?  I would either just drive around and enjoy the moment of relaxation with your new hubby and maybe your bridal party if they are there.  Going back to the hotel seems unnecessary to me.  I would just have a bag ready to take with you in the limo so you can touch up make up, reapply deodorant, etc.  Are you having a cocktail hour immediately following the ceremony?  You could always just go and enjoy that time and mingle with your guests.

We initially planned to do photos before the ceremony so that we could enjoy more of our cocktail hour/reception with our guests.  With a spur of the moment change, I decided that I wanted more pictures and we used that 40ish minutes to do so.  You may not want to make too much of a plan, and just see what you feel like doing at that moment. 

As for whether the limo is worth it or not? I'm not sure that any of us can make that decision for you.  I suppose it just depends on your budget and how important it is to you.  As strange as it may seem, I had never been in a limo prior to our wedding day... so I was pretty set with the idea of experiencing a fancy ride.

I'll step off my soap box now. Wow, that turned into quite a ramble!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We did not have a limo, either for ourselves or our WP.  I've been in weddings where there is a limo for the wedding party and ones where there is not.  Sometimes, I think with dates/spouses and all of that, it's easier to just have the WP take care of their own transportation, particularly if you are not going anywhere else for pics.

As far as what to do with that time in between, maybe you could take more time for pictures?  Or, just spend some time riding around with your new husband.  My husband and I ended up driving ourselves from the ceremony to the reception and it was so much fun to just have some calm time all to ourselves to talk and go on and on about how strange it was that we were actually married!  It was one part of the day I'll always cherish... and it was nice to have a little down time.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:fe0a22df-3b2b-47ec-b5cb-dc8c173efa8ePost:47a854d3-bab1-4fbb-bc5e-71e119405ecf">Re: Limos- recs and what to do???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did not have a limo, either for ourselves or our WP.  I've been in weddings where there is a limo for the wedding party and ones where there is not.  Sometimes, I think with dates/spouses and all of that, it's easier to just have the WP take care of their own transportation, particularly if you are not going anywhere else for pics. As far as what to do with that time in between, maybe you could take more time for pictures?  Or, just spend some time riding around with your new husband.  My husband and I ended up driving ourselves from the ceremony to the reception and it was so much fun to just have some calm time all to ourselves to talk and go on and on about how strange it was that we were actually married!  It was one part of the day I'll always cherish... and it was nice to have a little down time.
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this!  I hate when my husband or I am in a wedding party and the other can't come in the limo/party bus.  It makes things a little less fun for both of us.  Its also easier to have your own car if you have a lot of stuff to transport (like if bridal party gets dressed at church and they need to tote their stuff along).  I also agree with how nice it was to have the private time with my husband right after the ceremony in the car.  That was probably the calmest most sane moments we had all day and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  You can see if someone will lend you a cool car for the day or rent a cool one.  We borrowed someone's convertible so we could leave in style but not break the bank!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:fe0a22df-3b2b-47ec-b5cb-dc8c173efa8ePost:59dc924e-eca3-4af6-a2e9-c7676e0b471c">Re: Limos- recs and what to do???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Limos- recs and what to do??? : I agree with all of this!  I hate when my husband or I am in a wedding party and the other can't come in the limo/party bus.  It makes things a little less fun for both of us.  Its also easier to have your own car if you have a lot of stuff to transport (like if bridal party gets dressed at church and they need to tote their stuff along).  I also agree with how nice it was to have the private time with my husband right after the ceremony in the car.  That was probably the calmest most sane moments we had all day and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  You can see if someone will lend you a cool car for the day or rent a cool one.  We borrowed someone's convertible so we could leave in style but not break the bank!
    Posted by christieep[/QUOTE]

I TOTALLY AGREE HERE!!!

DH and i rented a Rolls Royce Limo from Great Lakes Vintage Limo (in Perrysburg) for just us two for our wedding and like christie said - it was the clamest most sane part of the whole day. We relaxed and joked about how it all went, we sipped champagne and i got to rest my thoughts for a min. It was pleasant and honestly like christie said some the the nicest moments we had the whole day... No lie. :)
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!! You've all been so helpful! We're going to forgo the limo, and I think I'll call around about towncar prices just to see :)

Christieep--my dad has a convertible... but didn't your hair get blown all over? I'd be too worried about that to use his car
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    We have town cars as well and they do get booked for many weddings where the bride and groom just want some private time in an elegant and un assumming manner.  Whatever you choose, be sure to get it in writing, make sure they have PUC and USDOT license.  If possible see the vehicle in person and meet the people you will be dealing with.

Dont try to save $50.00 on a $ 25,000 wedding by booking the cheapest limo in town.  If the car doesn't show up, or is worn out, smelly, dirty or not what you were promised, your day will be off to a very bad start.

Always check with the BBB as well. Get a company report.
    Whatever you choose, have a great wedding and dont sweat the small stuff. After all, its all the days after your wedding that really matter.
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:fe0a22df-3b2b-47ec-b5cb-dc8c173efa8ePost:2bf033af-618e-451f-a3c8-655d3f160e57">Re: Limos- recs and what to do???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have town cars as well and they do get booked for many weddings where the bride and groom just want some private time in an elegant and un assumming manner.  Whatever you choose, be sure to get it in writing, make sure they have PUC and USDOT license.  If possible see the vehicle in person and meet the people you will be dealing with. Dont try to save $50.00 on a $ 25,000 wedding by booking the cheapest limo in town.  If the car doesn't show up, or is worn out, smelly, dirty or not what you were promised, your day will be off to a very bad start. Always check with the BBB as well. Get a company report. Whatever you choose, have a great wedding and dont sweat the small stuff. After all, its all the days after your wedding that really matter.
    Posted by birmlimo[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi, Vendors aren't allowed to advertise their services on The Knot boards.  Thanks. </div>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards