Getting in Shape

LaserSlim, healthy diet pills?

Okay I'm a little over it with trying to loose weight. I've done really well over the past 3 years lost and kept off around 33-35lbs. However I'm still just trying to get these last 5-10lbs off and its not budging!!!

So I know it's a controversial topic but has anyone tried the laser slim thing? Did it work? Worth the money?

Has anyone used supplements that actually helped and didn't screw up with their body?

I don't want to do anything dangerous but I'm just at my wits end. Thanks for understanding.

Re: LaserSlim, healthy diet pills?

• I honestly dont think there is a healthy diet pill on the market. You have already done a great job! Just change up your exercises and watch your diet, those 5-10 pounds will be off in no time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a hypocrite.  I say all the time that diet pills don't work and are pretty much just a waste of money, but I've tried a couple of them.

I actually had moderate (nothing astouding) results with MetaboLife and truDerma Mangodrin.  I'll be the first to admit that those results are probably due only to the placebo effect -- I take a pill that's supposed to curb my appetite and then convince myself that it's working and I'm not hungry -- but that's ok with me.

Still, I don't really recommend diet pills to others.  Pad your diet with vegetables, eat slowly, drink a lot of water (especially during meals) and move more.  That simple.
  • I have never tried LaserSlim but i have heard Advocare or Herbalife is health but again i have not tried them. I have tried Oxy Elite Pro.... prob not healthy but it works for me! it gives me energy and I am not hungry.
  • I've heard that even if they don't give you any obvious symptoms, they can screw up your metabolism... or worse, your heart.  I wouldn't want to risk that for a few lbs.

There's a reason only one "diet pill" is approved by the FDA...

Don't give up - you're almost there.  You may want to consider something like Weight Watchers, Myfitnesspal or Spark People, etc.   Good luck!
  • I've been wondering about this lately too. I'm definitely to the point where I don't even care about being healthy, I just want to be thin. But then I did a little research on Healthy Trim, and there's some weird stuff in there that can mess with your heart or liver. That's pretty serious.

I say if you're going to take something, make absolutely sure you know what's in it and what it might do to you.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't do it.  I used to take diet pills (when I was a perfectly healthy weight) and they are really scary.  It's a totally unregulated market that can have disasterous results to your health.  Moreover, its really easy to slip into a bad place where you take higher than the recommended dosage and you are counting every .1 pound.  I figured that I could take slightly more than the recommended dosage because I am "larger" than the average woman (I'm 5'10") and I had a horrible  (and scary) expirience.  Just say no.  There are other ways to lose the last bit of weight that are much healthier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • One fact of nature is that by definition, diet pill =/= healthy. There is no such thing. Take the workout & eating advice from the ladies on here & I'm sure you'll lose those last few.
  • I would say the only diet pill I would ever try is alli.  It is the only one approved by the FDA and I think that says a lot.  All it does is make you pass fats that normally you wouldn't.  That being said, if you are watching your diet, I don't think it would make a huge difference (why I won't waste my money on it).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_laserslim-healthy-diet-pills?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:2fa3d7c3-14d9-4d56-adaa-3bac7e2670e1Post:4b64dbfc-ed51-4206-9f9f-629b76ee28c9">Re: LaserSlim, healthy diet pills?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say the only diet pill I would ever try is alli.  It is the only one approved by the FDA and I think that says a lot.  All it does is make you pass fats that normally you wouldn't.  That being said, if you are watching your diet, I don't think it would make a huge difference (why I won't waste my money on it).
    Posted by Sarah0335[/QUOTE]

Do you know what ELSE it does?  It causes anal leakage.  Yes, that fat that it keeps you from absorbing?  Well, it has to go somewhere.  And that somewhere is out, and you can't control it.  Pleasant sounding, eh?

And also?  Fat is GOOD FOR YOU.  Healthy fats (and even some saturated fat) are an important part of a balanced diet.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Drink loads of plain, green tea is supposed to help! Stay away from diet pills. Those Phen Phen victims have major regrets.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards