Michigan-Detroit

donating wedding flowers

Does anyone know where/how to donate flowers from your wedding?  I've read of some brides doing this, but I don't know how or where they take them.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: donating wedding flowers

• hippo22hippo22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did this for my daughter's wedding.  Our venue cordinatior just took all the centerpieces to a nursing home located close to the reception hall the next day.  She says that the residents are always so grateful, so anytime a bride doesn't want them afterwards, she just volunteers to do it.
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_donating-wedding-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:61f6fc34-591e-447f-b943-bc7b48f05311Post:63c166eb-78b1-4c43-b466-3bf795bc2abd">Re: donating wedding flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did this for my daughter's wedding.  Our venue cordinatior just took all the centerpieces to a nursing home located close to the reception hall the next day.  She says that the residents are always so grateful, so anytime a bride doesn't want them afterwards, she just volunteers to do it.
    Posted by hippo22[/QUOTE]

THIS is exactly what we are doing. My mom works at a nursing home and most families rarely check on the residents so she is going to drop them off the next day for me. There are a few people that I go to visit there since mom has been working there so I am going to make sure that they get the best of the flowers. I am more excited about them getting the flowers afterwards than us having them at our wedding.
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do a local hospital too. I dont know the guidelines but I am sure if you call you can find out easily.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok cool!  I'll do a google search and see if I can find a nursing home nearby.  Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    ooooooooomgosh, why have I never heard of this/thought about it?!? This sounds wonderful!!
  • edited December 2011
    Just a follow-up - I called a nursing home that's up the street from my venue and talked to the activities coordinator.  She was SO EXCITED that I was going to drop off the flowers.  Her daughter got married at my same venue, and she had all kinds of stories for me.  

@ Milsey - You should totally look into it!  I just Google searched for nursing homes near the venue and found this place.  The lady who answered the phone was clueless but the activities coordinator was thrilled.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards