Wyoming

Wyoming Ceremony Sites

Looking for a beautiful outdoor ceremony site in WY. Love the Tetons, but budget is an issue. Any ideas?

Re: Wyoming Ceremony Sites

• edited December 2011
    WY is a big state.  I live in SE WY, and in this region I would recommend looking into sites out at Vedauwoo National Park outside of Cheyenne or the Snowy Range outside of Laramie.  I hear Sheridan has some really nice areas as well.

I'm not familiar with the NW but Cody is near some pretty areas and might be more affordable than say, Jackson Hole and the Teton region.

HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • torilynne86torilynne86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sheridan does have some really great places. If you're looking for the mountains without the money, consider Buffalo, Dayton, or Ranchester. All three are very small towns but sit at the foot of the Bighorn mountains. I'm from Gillette and have family all over the Sheridan/Buffalo area. The Bighorns are very popular for those of us who live in this region. This area is a little more industrial and not quite so focused on tourism so prices are usually lower.
  • edited December 2011
    Some of the town in the Wind River range.  Pinedale would be a define option.  It attempted to become the next Jackson, but not very successfully. 

Near Laramie is Curt Gowdy and they have an nice amphitheater and lodge that works well for weddings.  Also there is a little chapel - ok more like an alter- built in Snow Range. 

I'm hoping to have my wedding at Vedauwoo and am just waiting on the permit from the forest service.  It's a free permit just takes a while to got one from the forest service.  All over the state there are lots of National forests so it would be a relatively cheap venue but don't forget about having to provide everything to make it all work. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I got married in Jackson in the summer of 2008 and loved it!  I'm also a wedding planner who specializes in the Jackson weddings.  I'd love to help, and I'm very budget conscious.  Please feel free to email me at events@thelundygroupllc.com.

Take care,
    Amy
    www.thelundygroupllc.com
  • ndhunnybunzndhunnybunz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We attended a wedding this past summer at The Bear Lodge in the Big Horn mountains....link below

http://www.bearlodgeresort.com/Lodge/Special%20Events/weddings.aspx

Hopefully this will help, I believe they will cater or allow you to provide the food...worth a phone call....
  • candyr99candyr99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you live in the Cheyenne area, there is a beautiful botanical garden at Lion's Park. There are several areas there that make for a beautiful outdoor wedding. Hynd's Lodge is across the road from the Curt Gowdy State Park and near there is a small stage area that is also wonderful for weddings.

Between Laramie and Rawlins is a pretty little historic lodge called Elk Mountain Lodge. You can rent the entire lodge (12 rooms) and have the wedding, reception, and/or rehearsal dinner there. They also have people to help with the planning, set-up, etc. You can find them on the web. They are a little more expensive so it depends on your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards