Moms and Maids

Hotel room night before...

I am getting a hotel room for myself the night before the wedding,  It'll have 2 double beds, and (Maybe a cot- not sure)  I would like for some of the girls to stay there- but it cant fit all the girls obviously.  The ones further away may be bringing boyfriends that night- so they might get a room with them and some of them live pretty close, 10 mins away that they can go home after the rehearsal dinner, etc... how do I word it so that the ones who will be bringing a significant other can get their own room, and ones that are not staying with a b/f can stay with me without sounding like I am favoring some of the girls.  I told them already that I was getting a room, and some of the girls can stay with me, but if they want to get a room with their b/f it is on them- significant others will be invited to the rehearsal dinner, but are not required. 
I hope I am clear what im saying- I am getting one room for 4 ppl. and not all girls can fit.

Re: Hotel room night before...

• edited December 2011
    You could just mention it to the girls you are inviting to stay with you. Just text them or call them or ask them privately if they would like to stay with you and don't mention it to the ones who are staying with their b/f's. If they ask about it, just say you invited the single girls since you figured they'd want to stay with their guys.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

its not that I dont know how to ask if they want to stay with me, Im afraid too many girls will want to stay with me, and tell their guys to come the next day or their guys stay with a friend in the area, and I'll end up with all the girls and not enough beds!

• cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could just have them all stay, and it can be a big slumber party.  just word it whoever wants to stay, stays.  you will have the most comfy sleeping arrangement anyway, your the bride.  if someone wants to sleep on the floor, let them.  they may want to be with you the night before your wedding, it's a bonding type of thing
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hotel-room-night-before?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c0b3ebba-222b-47b0-bfec-abf8b0b61ec7Post:5c38c793-5fd1-4aeb-8715-6d9fead1e579">Re: Hotel room night before...</a>:
    [QUOTE]"I'm reserving a hotel room for the night before the wedding, and there's room if anybody wants to stay with me. I know some of you will be staying with your boyfriends, but is anyone interested?"
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

This is good.  If you're concerned about too many people, you can say there is room for 3 more girls... if more of you are interested we can try to get a bigger or extra room. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bstentbstent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This might be silly but I'll say it anyways because one of your girls might feel the same way as me! Even if my boyfriend was coming I would be hurt if I was one of the bridesmaids not invited and a few of the girls got to have that special bonding time the night before the wedding. I've done that with the bride before and it was so much fun and not something I would have wanted to miss. Is it possible to get the girls to chip in and get two adjoining (spelling?) rooms or a suite that has more beds? Or the girls can choose whether they want to bring a foam/blow up mattress and sleep on the floor or whether they'd rather stay at home. If I was in your situation I would at least give each girl the option of staying with me, and see what they all say and go from there.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I think it has the potential to hurt feelings or to make some of the girls feel left out... but maybe I'm overly sensitive

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_hotel-room-night-before?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c0b3ebba-222b-47b0-bfec-abf8b0b61ec7Post:1c8d33cf-d383-4763-a804-2e7b6dcb7cb3">Re: Hotel room night before...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This might be silly but I'll say it anyways because one of your girls might feel the same way as me! Even if my boyfriend was coming I would be hurt if I was one of the bridesmaids not invited and a few of the girls got to have that special bonding time the night before the wedding. I've done that with the bride before and it was so much fun and not something I would have wanted to miss. Is it possible to get the girls to chip in and get two adjoining (spelling?) rooms or a suite that has more beds? Or the girls can choose whether they want to bring a foam/blow up mattress and sleep on the floor or whether they'd rather stay at home. If I was in your situation I would at least give each girl the option of staying with me, and see what they all say and go from there. I understand where you're coming from, but I think it has the potential to hurt feelings or to make some of the girls feel left out... but maybe I'm overly sensitive
    Posted by bstent[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>ditto all of this!  the girls who want their own rooms with their SO's will get them.  but, my girlfriends have this tradition and i wouldn't miss it for the world.  honestly i would probably put my FI to bed and go to the slumber party!</div><div>
    </div><div>i like how retread worded the invite and i would definitely invite all of the girls.</div><div>
    </div><div>fun!!!!!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards