Moms and Maids

Paris theme shower...?

Looking for anyone who has been to or has any ideas on a Paris themed bridal shower...

Bride mentioned that for her honeymoon she either wanted to go to Italy, Greece, or Paris but that it would most likely be either Italy or Greece.  So I thought we could bring Paris to her....

Thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea?  Party suggestions?  Anything?!

*Looking to do this in the Portsmouth, NH area if anyone knows of any good location spots as well.*

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! :)  This is my first time as a maid of honor and the bride is my big sister who is also my very best friend so I really want to make this special for her in every way I possibly can. 

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Re: Paris theme shower...?

• Just off the top of my head, I immediately think of food, haha....a Paris theme could lend itself really well to an afternoon tea kind of shower.  You could do croissants, pain au chocolat, macaroons, french cheeses & baguette, etc.  And if you want alcohol, there's always room for French wine:)

127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_paris-theme-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:e3a8fd82-1452-4ef9-96d8-f3098cb88fb7Post:7bf11abb-9983-46d9-b473-c9617676fab7">Re: Paris theme shower...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just off the top of my head, I immediately think of food, haha....a Paris theme could lend itself really well to an afternoon tea kind of shower.  You could do croissants, pain au chocolat, macaroons, french cheeses & baguette, etc.  And if you want alcohol, there's always room for French wine:)
    Posted by katehar01[/QUOTE]

I was thinking exactly this! You could go the cute French bakery route with the delicious little desserts, or you could go a sophistocated wine and cheese route if she is into that. I would also go over to the library or bookstore and see if you can get some classic French bistro type music. Pink and black are always great colors- think Chanel.
    Photobucket
  •  I love the idea of french music! 

I have to say, though, reading your question, OP made me almost pee myself laughing thinking about the movie, "Bridesmaids" Please don't give away puppies wearing berets as favors :)
  • Haha! I promise I won't! lol. 

• Thanks for the great ideas :)
  • I have definitely already planned on the pink and black so I agree with you there. And thanks for the idea about the music. I will definitely look into that further. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards