Illinois

June or Sept 2011??

Here is my dilema.  HIs brother is getting married in July 2011.  I want June- 6-11-2011, but would that come off as me wanting to get married before them?  Or a couple months later in September-9-10-11?  Some places it might be an off month and also won't be that hot in IL.  I am thinking of an outdoor afternoon wedding and then country club for reception.  Help! 

Re: June or Sept 2011??

• pamcl1218pamcl1218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know your family better than anyone, but you should have your wedding when you truly want it. Weather-wise it's tough to say...both those dates are at those crazy times of year when the weather in IL can do anything! If you are on a budget, Sept might be the better option simply because it's not June when the wedding industry tends to jack prices a bit because of demand.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is your wedding and you should have it when you want it.  If I were you I would see if the places you are interested in are available in both September and June and then make a decision.  Perhaps it won't be available in Sept and you will have to go with June anywayWink.
  • edited December 2011
    I've read recently that September is the new June so I don't think it will make much of a difference in price.  The weather in IL is a little more tame in September but still plenty warm for an outdoor ceremony.  I originally wanted September but switched to June since there ceremony is right on Lake Michigan and will be breezy and a bit cooler than inland.  But pamcl1218 had the right idea...you know your family better than anyone.  I'd simply tell them that you've always dreamed of a June wedding but you wanted to make sure you weren't stepping on any toes.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards