Not Engaged Yet

Saturday Thread

Hello!

What are you up too this fine Saturday morning?  Let’s talk.  Of course I am working and need to be entertained.  If you want a mission find me 4 different styles of BM dresses that can accomidate plus size to tall size.  Oh and they all have to be in different colors of blue. 

If not tell me about you.  I want to know!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Saturday Thread

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Happy early birthday!  Whoot!  What are you doing tomorrow?

Kind of.  I hate shopping.....  hate of shopping= unwilling bride who doesn't like planning.   I really could care less what they wear as long as it is blue, but my mom is breathing down my neck and even my MOH is a little....  I feel like I have to give them guidance. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011

Don't worry you will find it.  I didn't think I was going to find one either and I Did.  Relatively painless too I might add.  What kind of styles do you like?
    Oh that sucks.  Ya sounds like he is being a douchecanoe.   Do you have to spend the whole day with the family? 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you let them pick out something in a set color--but you get to retain veto authority over the dress?  (How many bridesmaids do you have?)

Me?  I'm attending a graduate student write-in from 10-5. I will be productive today! I've already crossed one thing off my list! Yay!  Just taking a quick Knot break between projects. :)

edited December 2011

Becumming- That is what I had planned on doing originally but now I feel like they want me to tell them what I want.  Bleh.  I am having 4 right now, maybe 5 but I am still on the fence about it.   Whoot on being productive.  I am trying very hard to be productive too.  I have a whole list!
    Yaga- If I get bored I will look for some things for you :)  If you want.  I am sorry about not leaving early. I feel the same way on the weekends.  I just want to stay home and cuddle!  Have fun at school!

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    Liv- thanks!  Do you know what the prices are?

Married! May 27th, 2012

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe they've been indoctrinated by the "do what the bride wants!" mentality. :)  Do you want them all to wear the same dress or are you flexible?  You could provide three or four different options in a color and let 'em pick what fits their bodies and their budgets best.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6533c08c-0018-4b4b-811d-3271419032e9Post:f6eb8fe6-7b7a-4ffe-8aca-ba1827644c95">Re: Saturday Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they've been indoctrinated by the "do what the bride wants!" mentality. :)  Do you want them all to wear the same dress or are you flexible?  You could provide three or four different options in a color and let 'em pick what fits their bodies and their budgets best.
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]
    I actually want them to wear differnt dresses.  I want them to look their bests :)  (not that people who have their BMs in the same dresses don't) I just have crazy body shape differences.  And I am even doing 4 different shades of color (once I figure out what those are, blue for sure just not sure which ones yet)

Married! May 27th, 2012

• pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh hey, ladies. I'm on a big stupid wine tour today. I'm currently sitting in a limo, eating cheese and crackers with a gay dude while dressed as Wilma Flintstone. I've been drinking wine since 11:00 am. My level of sobriety is questionable at best. :)
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then I think that's all you have to do. Pick a few different dresses, a few color options, and shazam, you're done! :) I'd help you search... but really, I should cross more items off my to-do list (I've got two so far!)
    edited December 2011

Pocky-nice! Sounds like you are having a good Saturday!
    Becumming-aw thanks I understand totally!  I was updating the work phone recordings.  2 out of 10 done!
    Liv- Oh that is good!  Well I sent the link to a few of them so hopefully they find something they like! :)
    You girls are awesome as always!   

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    YOU GUYS. I have 3" of snow here, with more expected. I am not even kidding. I just tried to make a Wal-Mart run because I needed an oil change and cupcake ingredients. I didn't even make it out of my apartment complex because the roads were awful.

Also, I'm about to post pictures of my full steampunk costume in a new thread.

Liv - I'm checking out Dessy as we speak. Gorgeous dresses! I might have to keep it in mind when it comes time to look for my BM dresses. My girls run the gamut in terms of size as well - I think they go from 6 to 14.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
    edited December 2011
    SNOW!!!  I am sorry for you, we generally don't get snow until after the new year.  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6533c08c-0018-4b4b-811d-3271419032e9Post:cb29aec7-4029-4552-b7fa-f132ab189e39">Re: Saturday Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh hey, ladies. I'm on a big stupid wine tour today. I'm currently sitting in a limo, eating cheese and crackers with a gay dude while dressed as Wilma Flintstone. I've been drinking wine since 11:00 am. My level of sobriety is questionable at best. :)
    Posted by pockysquirrel[/QUOTE]

This sounds absolutely fabulous, I am so jealous of you right now!  ENJOY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey guys! Ray, I would be happy to help you shop but I'm checking in with my phone. FI, a few of his friends, and I are going mountain biking in a state park today. Typically I would be really excited about it, but I kind of don't want to go. I've been dealing with this weird neck and shoulder pain for a week now and it's got me all out of sorts.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6533c08c-0018-4b4b-811d-3271419032e9Post:4babfda3-8239-4dc8-8611-48502d57b3d2">Re: Saturday Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys! Ray, I would be happy to help you shop but I'm checking in with my phone. FI, a few of his friends, and I are going mountain biking in a state park today. Typically I would be really excited about it, but I kind of don't want to go. I've been dealing with this weird neck and shoulder pain for a week now and it's got me all out of sorts.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    You can help me shop later then!  Aw I am sorry about the pain :(  try to have fun anyways?  Seems like everyone has the home bug this weekend!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it'll still be fun anyways. And maybe all the shaking will beat this pain out? Have you considered convertible dresses for you BMs? Like the Dessy Twist dress or the RaVon dresses?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6533c08c-0018-4b4b-811d-3271419032e9Post:7f66b195-7eb2-4595-b15b-787304f3edb2">Re: Saturday Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure it'll still be fun anyways. And maybe all the shaking will beat this pain out? Have you considered convertible dresses for you BMs? Like the Dessy Twist dress or the RaVon dresses?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    Not really.  I don't want to push stuff on them they don't like.

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    It's freaking SNOWING in NYC, so I am inside cuddled up watching episodes of "Californication" that I've missed. Poor BF has to work all weekend. 
    edited December 2011
    Snow snow snow!  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ray, the dresses I got were Belsoie. I just told my BMs to pick any Belsoie long dress that comes in teal tiffany chiffon, though my MOH ended up with a satin one. She's getting it shortened into a knee length dress, so she might actually wear it again.

The one time I've been a BM, the bride gave us no guidance, so it was hard to pick something. I think if you tell them a brand, length, and color/fabric, they can probably do the rest (unless you want to narrow it further).

We also wore Belsoie dresses for my friend's wedding. They have a ton of colors, a wide variety of sizes, and they run about $150-$200. http://www.jasminebridal.com/ugC_Product.asp?hidP_kind=Bridesmaids&hidP_style=Belsoie&hidj_line_order=1&hidP_Style_ID=L144001

By the way, I recommend chiffon fabric. It's comfy and doesn't wrinkle like satin. (I realized in our photos that MOH's dress looks a little wrinkled.)
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I will have them check those out! 

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards