Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning.

Happy Thursday - hope you guys aren't nursing too many Corona or Margarita hangovers! :)

Re: Good morning.

• Well, HI THERE!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I had nachos for dinner lastnight.
  • Good Morning.  I made awesome tacos last night.......it was my second super successful dinner this week.  I'm almost housewifey enough to put in my serious bid for SAHM.  (you know, the lazy girls work)
  • morning.

DH got back from Dallas last night and I've realized I sleep much better when he is not in the same bed as me.  Sad but true. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Good morning! Nope, no hangover for me. I didn't do anything special for May 5th, but had a measly half glass of Spanish red last night after choir practice.

What's on tap for you this morning, Alexia?
  • Hey hot stuff! I stayed in last nigth, all by my lonesome. I didn't even eat Mexican food. I had chicken tenders, left over from lunch, and watched Mad Men. It was a fantastic night. How are you lovely?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Nope! No hangover! :)

I'm a little bit pissy that WEEKS ago I told FI that I wanted to go out for breakfast for Mother's Day, so he should really make reservations since they book up quickly.

Last night he asked what I want to do for Mother's Day. Um, go out for breakfast? Like I said I wanted to a few weeks ago? So he calls a bunch of blaces and they're all booked up. Ya think? It's 2 days before Mother's Day! So now if we go out for breakfast we'll probably have to deal with long lines and wait times,which isn't how I want to spend my Mother's Day.

End rant.

• MAYBE he already made reservations somewhere awesome and he's playing dumb?

Maybe?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Good Morning!

I have the Internet again!  WOHOOO.

Sadly, Cinque (sp?) de Mayo is the one holiday they don't celebrate over here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope so Fische! He's usually not that creative though.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    edited May 2010
    Good morning!  I'm a little bit hungover but it's from Woodchuck Cider and Sam Adams Coastal Wheat.  I'm sleepy.

Hey I fixed my avatar, woohoo!

ETA: Aw dangit it tricked me and is NOT fixed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ya know, I hear they don't celebrate in Mexico, either, since their independence day is sometime in September.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Declan is looking mighty handsome in your new pic, by the way. To say nothing of his mother...;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Fisch - You need a new sig!  Something summery!

Nebb - I love nachos.  Yumy!

Stack - One of my friends told me to take this unemployment opportunity and get KU so I don't have to worry about going back to work.  Not quite how I planned on becoming a SAHM.  Hahaha.

My plans for the day = my Well Woman checkup and my older sister is taking me to lunch.  Then my mom is taking me for a haircut.  I feel like a 7th grader being carted around by relatives.

btrfly - I'm sorry your Mother's Day won't be what you planned.  Maybe he can do breakfast in bed and just pamper you all day?  Going out on holidays is kind of a pain in the ass anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:998cf7c1-c9ee-43b2-aeca-4cba47422b24Post:c6e83dea-983a-414e-a812-94d06f818325">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning.  I made awesome tacos last night.......it was my second super successful dinner this week.  I'm almost housewifey enough to put in my serious bid for<strong> SAHM.  (you know, the lazy girls work)
    </strong>Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one to get a bit miffed by that. Yeah, poster, ever done it? It isn't as easy as it seems. Sweet baby Jesus, I thought that's what the feminist movement was all about, so that women could have CHOICES and OPTIONS, not be confined to one particular role. If it doesn't work for you, fine, don't do it. I don't want to be a garbage collector, but I sure as Hell don't look down on them for their career choice. Aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!

Phew, I feel a bit better after that rant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:998cf7c1-c9ee-43b2-aeca-4cba47422b24Post:d44c2eed-77c7-4f1e-ad01-c0f880b83e55">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ya know, I hear they don't celebrate in Mexico, either, since their independence day is sometime in September.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    September 16, to be exact. I have no idea why I know that.
  • Holy crap, Fische, I take it back.  Your Mexico vacation is what I saw when you posted.

And Stack's name was something with the word 'exotic' in it.

Wow.
  • Mmmmm, Woodchuck cider. Love it! But I still see a wedding cake avatar for you, Dani.
  • Yeah, it's weird. So I don't really know why we celebrate the 5th of May, and they don't, but WHATEVER.

AND YES, I know I can google it.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Morning all! I'm impressed to see so many people who were still active in the night thread when I went to bed beat me to the morning thread.

Nothing much new for me. This time tomorrow, I'm going to be getting ready to head to school for my *groan*. I'm going to try to spend today getting myself in a positive mindset.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:998cf7c1-c9ee-43b2-aeca-4cba47422b24Post:6e3a84d4-ca28-4e8f-9303-aa48c3ce593d">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmmm, Woodchuck cider. Love it! But I still see a wedding cake avatar for you, Dani.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

I know!  It showed a picture of me for a flash of a second and then went back to the cake.  :(
  • I have a picture of you!

And I also love woodchuck.

The Margarita Evolution
  • NebbNebb member
    I found out yesterday that local asparagus is in season now, and im SO freaking excited to go to the market on saturday morning. Problem: I am going to have to get up at 7am in order to even get a freaking parking spot, which blows but the apsaragus is soooooooo worth it.
  • Morning!  No hang over for me, however I have these killer mosquito bites on my ankle that are driving me insane. 

• I HATE ANKLE MOSQUITO BITES.

Hate them.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I do love me some asparagus. But then I ruin any nutritional value it has by pouring Hollandaise over it. My oh my god, it's so good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:998cf7c1-c9ee-43b2-aeca-4cba47422b24Post:26c40ae6-caa4-4fa1-b8e7-409ca58d3ab1">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, it's weird. So I don't really know why we celebrate the 5th of May, and they don't, but WHATEVER. AND YES, I know I can google it.

American's like to have a good party and tequila = a good party.

I'm sure the American Tequila companies said one day "we need to think of a holiday to sell a lot of Tequila"  and cinco de mayo was born.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Nebb I had the BEST asparagus last night.  It was rubbed with butter and I don't know what else (because I didn't make it) and then grilled and it was freakin awesome. 
  • Ooh, Nebb, I am SO jealous of fresh asparagus. The 7 a.m. wouldn't bother me so much, since I so rarely sleep past then anyway. How do you cook yours?

And boo! to mosquito bites, strawberry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-76?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:998cf7c1-c9ee-43b2-aeca-4cba47422b24Post:bef3745a-b7ea-4a08-9148-a77a0f9a39e9">Re: Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE ANKLE MOSQUITO BITES. Hate them.

Me too.  I was outside for about 10-15 minutes the other night in shorts, and I ended up with about 20 mosquito bites, 4-5 of them in the same area on my ankle.  I want to chop it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards