North Carolina-Outer Banks

First Dance songs??

What is or What was everyones first dance song?

Re: First Dance songs??

• We did Dave Matthews "You and Me" and I still get goosebumps when I hear it. :)  Do you have any in mind yet?
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Ours was I Want To Do Everything For You by Janiva Magness.  We weren't really gonna have a first dance until everyone kept telling us that we needed to so we waited until a song came on that we really liked and danced to that.  Very unconventional as we weren't caught up in all of the "traditions" but it worked for us.
    Anniversary
  • Ours was "Let Me Down Easy" by Billy Currington. It's got a beachy vibe and my hubby is a country fan :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Originally, we were going with Allison Kraus "When You Say Nothing At All" but on the way to get our marriage license, the day before the wedding, we were driving over the bridge to Manteo and heard John Michael Montgomery "I Love The Way You Love Me" and we both got teary-eyed and changed our song right then and there. 

Every now and again, I will play it and I still get teary-eyed.

• Lady Antebellum's "Just a Kiss." The song reminds us both of our first kiss and the progress of our relationship to engagement.
  • Our song is Jason Mraz "I'm Yours," which I assume we will sway to for our first dance (future hubby isn't much of a dancer, hehe) but we haven't talked about it!
  • Ours was "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight
  • Ours will be "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney.  It was the first song we ever danced to at a friend of mine's wedding.  Lcam510, really love your choice!  "You're the Best Thing" will be on our wedding cd.  We are burning 40 copies of a bunch of fun music that is involved in the wedding and just us in general for out OOT bags.

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Ours will be "I Cross My Heart" but sung by Scotty McCreery instead of George Strait, my fiance is not a big country fan and didnt' like the version when heard by George Strait but didn't even realize it was the same song and agreed to the Scotty McCreery version. Another close runner up was "Free" by Zac Brown Band.
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're planning on "Better Together" by Jack Johnson :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards