Wedding Woes

Shady Cousin

Hi all! I'm looking for a bit of help/advice... I booked my reception hall in December of 2010. My wedding is set for 10-13-12. I just found out my cousin (who is already married and has two kids) is planning to book the same reception hall for July 2012. Would I be wrong to ask her to find another reception hall? If so, any advice on how to go about that? Thanks!

Re: Shady Cousin

• mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see the problem here...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Why is this even a problem?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ally_jadeally_jade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You only own the venue for a day...there is no issue here! She has every right and it doesn't matter to you :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what exactly makes her shady?

you get the venue for a day, not an entire lifetime.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Hi all! I'm looking for a bit of help/advice... I booked my reception hall in December of 2010. My wedding is set for 10-13-12. I just found out my cousin (who is already married and has two kids) is planning to book the same reception hall for July 2012. <strong>Would I be wrong to ask her to find another reception hall?</strong> [/QUOTE]
    YES, that would be wrong.
    [QUOTE]
    If so, any advice on how to go about that? Thanks!
    Posted by depaul6[/QUOTE]
    Nope, no advice.  There's no really tactful way to do this because it's redonkulous for you to consider this 'shady' or object to it in the least.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, you would be wrong.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what does she want the reception hall for?  maybe it's for a fundraiser for your wedding!  that would be awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your feedback! I still think this is poor form on her part. I just feel like there are a billion places in Chicago. Does she have to pick the one I booked months ago? Now my wedding will feel like a repeat to my family who will attend hers first...
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why is she having a wedding if she's already married? Are people not aware how weddings work? You have them so that you are married. You don't get married so you can have a wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh? I want that 30 seconds of my life back opening this post. Seriously, OP, I don't understand what the big deal is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards