Maryland

Undergarments

Hey ladies -

My wedding is not for another 11 months, but I wanted to start to get an idea of where I can buy undergarments for my wedding so that I will have them when my dress comes in.

I purchased a mermaid dress. I feel comfortable in it; however, my body is kinda disproportioned (much bigger in the hips than in the chest). I was hoping to find a good undergarment store so that I could get some padding up top and get something that actually fits me well (not just go to victoria's secret and get something stupidly expensive that doesn't fit right).

Does anyone have any suggestions??? In the Baltimore County area preferably...
Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Undergarments

• LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bare Necessities on Falls Road in Lutherville is a great store for that sort of thing. They have people who actually know how to do a proper fitting and an alterations staff to make sure that your undergarments fit absolutely perfectly. I bought my foundation garments for my wedding there, as did one of my best friends, and we both had good experiences. I've also heard good things about Br-La-La in Fulton from both a co-worker and Mr. LK's Aunt, but I cannot personally vouch for them. I went there one day, when their online hours said they were open until 7pm. I arrived, only to find that the posted hours on the door said that they were open until 6pm that day. It was 5:45pm and the store was already closed. So if you want to go there, I advise that you call first and confirm that they actually plan to be open.
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You can always ask your seamstress to sew some bra cups into your wedding dress thus eliminating needing to wear a bra but giving you some extra umph.

Also with a mermaid style dress, no matter how skinny you are, spanks do wonders with smoothing everything out.  I wear them all the time with any evening dress or tighter skirt just to give a smooth look.

• edited December 2011
    I buy my bras from Bra-la-la in Fulton. Wonderful place, pricey, but totally worth it. I plan to go there to get the undergarments for under my dress (should I ever get one...)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards