California-Orange County

Photographer

Hi all! I'm getting married January 12, 2013. I've been planning my wedding and pretty much going it alone. I'm so happy to have found this local board!
I'm looking for a photographer and have seen the various other recommendations on this site and have several email in to some of them. Any other recommendations or words of advice?
Thanks!!

Re: Photographer

• I found our photographer through a venue (Laguna Hotel) and we really like him.  He was reasonable and much more laid back than any that I received emails/letters from or that the Knot recommended. 

• Do you mind me asking who it is? I'm still looking for someone.

• I'm using Jessica Holley. She is a friend of a friend. Does beautiful work, and was in our budget. She is a doll and super great to work with. She is super speedy with communication which makes things so nice! http://www.jessicaholleyphotography.com/index2.php
  • Chis Diset.  He is local and totally worked in our budget to everything that we wanted.  We chose him for that reason, but also when we first met with him at his house, we spent half of the time talking about other things that the wedding.  Oh and he asked me randomly to take off my ring, placed it on an album and took a great pic.  But then he showed us how his editing programs work there in person, and sent me a free pretty pic of my ring!  I really liked the fact that we enjoyed his company, especially since he will be with us for 8 hrs that day!  We got our e-pics in a matter of 2 days.

http://chrisdiset.com/

• I have a wedding planner but she booked the photographer she uses for everything and she has been amazing so far to work with.  She worked in engagement photos for us in the package and was very affordable.  Her name is Kristen Mary and she owns Kristen Mary Photography.  www.kmphotography.com  I would check her out.
  • I have a wedding planner but she booked the photographer she uses for everything and she has been amazing so far to work with.  She worked in engagement photos for us in the package and was very affordable.  Her name is Kristen Mary and she owns Kristen Mary Photography.  www.kmphotography.com  I would check her out.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm gonna check these 3 out and see what happens!

• I recommend our photog Nataly Lemus. When we were looking for a photog we knew we wanted a timeless style that was not cheesy. We wanted modern yet timeless if it makes sense. We didn't have a huge budget so we search high and low and were so happy when we found our photog. We loved our wedding photos and her prices were great too. You should check her out www.natalylemus.com and her blog http://natalylemusphoto.blogspot.com/Good luck with your search!
  • check out Corbin Kell, www.corbinkell.cc, he did my wedding and a couple of other knotties; great price, lots a fun and really liked the work.

• Ashley Tingley, ashleytingleyphotography.com. She's doing ours.
  • wcasarwcasar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My photographer is amazing and her prices are reasonable. Here is her website:
    http://www.julieirene.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Also check out SoCalSunshine Productions:  www.socalsunshine.com.  Fabulous work - and they are a husband & wife team, which is great for getting ready pics!  Highly recommended.
  • Erin McDermott Photography is offering a special for the month of August for any bride in The Knot community. Just mention this add when booking and receive 50% off your wedding or engagement package!

Erin McDermott Photography has been operating since 2008 and takes immense pride in offering its clients a
     uniquely individualized photographic experience. Please visit www.erinmcdermottphotography.com for more information!
  • I'm also booking with Nataly Lemus, just met her this weekend she and her husband are amazing!!! I met with Corbin and chose Nataly over him, his prices were better but IMHO I prefered her photography style. I couldnt be happier!
  • Paige lowe photography!!! She's amazing!!!
  • Hello! 

I am using Pamela Marches! She is amazing and resonable, who will work with your budget as well! She is very easy going and feel like you have known her for years! Her website doesn't do justice of her work: Pamelamarches.com. Good Luck hope you find someone you like! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards