Ohio-Columbus

printing invitation addresses-HELP!

OK, so we had invitations made by a vendor on Etsy.  All was going well until yesterday.  She emailed that she was unable to do the address printing for the envelopes.  GREAT :(    We have "stardream" silver envelopes that need to be printed.  Any suggestions of a print shop to use or what we can do now?  Thanks, girls!

Re: printing invitation addresses-HELP!

• edited December 2011
    I know it is slightly tacky, but what about clear labels?
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure of a print shop can you do the faux-ligraphy on them?

Run them through the printer with grey ink and trace over - still looks and written?

Some girls (at least on the WI board) found some calligraphers on Craigslist.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    BTW I hope if you aren't getting the addresses that you have only paid for what you received.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is true or not, but my mom said you should always handwrite your invites versus using labels or having them printed. Not sure if this is still true or not, but it would look personal if you handwrote them.

I liked the idea of looking for a caligrapher too. Good luck!
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Proper etiquette is to hand write them, especially if it is a formal wedding (according to my family who were appalled when I was considering printing mine). My aunt, mother and I spent a night writing them all out. I think it's a nice touch and it really doesn't take that long. But, if you want to print them make a label format on word, buy a box of labels and head to a Kinkos. I am sure it won't be expensive and someone there can help show you how to use the printers for the right format. Good luck! :)
    Anniversary
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FH and I both have terrible handwriting, but I didn't want to be uncouth and slap labels on them.  (Plus, I hate how that looks.)  I found a calligraphy-looking font on the computer, and fed the envelopes through the printer one-by-one.  It took all night, but they looked really nice when they were done.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    This is what we did too but it honestly didn't seem to take too long. Would you be able to do it on your printer at home?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_printing-invitation-addresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:d1154767-3e8b-45f6-b888-671df6f7fda4Post:c6236764-108d-489b-b5b3-f2759b9028b0">Re: printing invitation addresses-HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FH and I both have terrible handwriting, but I didn't want to be uncouth and slap labels on them.  (Plus, I hate how that looks.)  I found a calligraphy-looking font on the computer, and fed the envelopes through the printer one-by-one.  It took all night, but they looked really nice when they were done.
    Posted by jnkreager[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I own an invite company and while we don't do straight print jobs (we focus mostly on design work), we print on stardream quartz all the time.

Great News - you can do this at home!!

First, use MS word and there's an address / envelope template among the stadard templates. It takes a while, but just add in each name and print one by one.

Secondly - do NOT touch it when it comes out or allow them to sit on one another - it will smear and bleed. After a couple minutes of drying, spray each envelope with setting/ fixatant spray (you can buy this at any craft store - Michaels and JoAnns both carry it) or at DickBlick on Sawmill. It's what artists use to set their pencil and chalk drawings and keep them from smudging. Let them sit out for a whole day or 2 and you'll be good to go.
  • R&M 2008R&M 2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you have a laser printer, you won't have to let them dry or spray them with anything. I've printed on Stardream LOTS w/ my laser printer. Pretty much why I bought the laser cause the drying on the inkjet was a nightmare!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards