Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Need help with an outdoor wedding Plz help!

Please help any ideas would be very helpful. My dream wedding is an outdoor ceremony in the spring with lots of flowers and a reception either in large tent outside or inside a ballroom. My budget is very tight. I'm trying to stay under $5000 for everything.  I'm looking for a location some where between new orleans and Hammond, maybe even baton rouge. Please give me any info u have. Thanks

Re: Need help with an outdoor wedding Plz help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if they do weddings, but you could check out Avery Island. I just did my engagement pictures there Saturday and it's beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Gatehouse in Baton Rouge has a beautiful outdoor ceremony site- I got married last June, and the landscaping and flowers were beautiful. They have a really romantic ballroom, too. The price we paid included the ceremony and reception (chairs, tables, setup and takedown all included), DJ, coordinator and catering. You can also add on alcohol, upgrade the menu, and now I think they have some great linen and decor packages so you don't even have to worry about coordinating decor yourself if you don't want to.

We had a little over 80 guests, and our entire wedding was around $10-11k. We could have done it even cheaper at the same location (we opted for alcohol and a couple of splurges). Feel free to click my Married Bio link in my signature to look at our photos. I had a wonderful time, the location is just beautiful and very classic, and the service and food were just amazing. The only thing I would caution you on is the size: 60-100 guests would be perfect... but any more than that would get pretty cramped.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    samar1216samar1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Avery Island does do weddings...I think she told me $500.  The only thing is no electricity or anything, if you needed that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards