Texas-Austin

Need lots of recommendations

I posted in the introduction area. I am very new to this forum and can't figure out how to correct my wedding date or post a picture yet. I have been engaged for 6 months and didn't pick a wedding date until last night! Oct. 26, 2013! I don't know why that was so hard, because I am getting married on my families farm... So, I have a date, venue and my brothers are going to provide the meal/catering.I will start with recommendations for photographer and videographer. Your help ladies is appreciated. They will have to be willing to drive about 1.5 hours. I also think a old time photo booth would be fun.

Re: Need lots of recommendations

• What is your price range that you want to stay in for photographer and videographer?  Arol form AJH photography is amazing.  I used Altared Weddings for my videographer.  I haven't seen the final product yet, but they were great the day of and there samples are just what I was looking for.  They also DJ and do lighting but I didn't use these services.  

As for the photobooth, I used Max photography and it was a huge hit.  The pictures print in strips instead of 4x6 sheets (which is what I wanted) and the guy manning the photobooth was really professional.  All the pictures were posted on facebook after the ceremony and I got a CD in the mail.

HTH
  • Oh - good question.  I have so much to learn about posting on this blog.
    My budget for photography is $2,500
    Video - $1,000 (that may be too low, but going to try)
    Photobooth - is not in budget, so I will have to pay for that - if it is something that I really want. My wedding is going to be fairly large, about 300 guests expected to attend. So photobooth may not be worth the added cost. I have lots of beer and wine to purchase. I am going to fly down in two weeks to interview and select the photographer. I think I will do engagement sessions here in KC.

• We hired Chelsea Schrader photography. We love her work. We had engagement photos done with her and we were thrilled with the results. I had done a lot of research on photographers and even had done an engagement session with someone else before. She is also one of the more affordable photographers that has lots of experience. Hope that helps. http://www.cschraderphoto.com/
  • No more photographer recommendations??? I have a short list that I am going to interview next weekend but hoped for a few more. I have two days and going to interview both photographers and videographers and make a selection before heading back to the airport. I found the Wedding Guide website as well as the Austin Wedding Blog. Both great resources. I am starting to learn towards photographers that offer two photographers.  I also like the pricing of Capitol Wedding Video. Anyone used them???
  • Not sure if they will be in your budget, but a few girls on here have used AL Collective and from what I've seen, they have really nice work.  I would recommend my photographer, but she moved overseas and has made arrangements with another photographer that works for Studio 563.  They also have great work, but last I checked, they are on the higher end budget wise.

Stay away from The Photography Shoppe!  I've heard tons of horror stories about them, but they keep getting business because they have "amazing" pricing.  Just remember that you get what you pay for, especially with photography.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards