New York-Hudson Valley

Bridesmaid/Groomsmen Gifts

Can anyone give me ideas for these gifts?  I think the girls are easier to shop for then the guys and I really don't want to get them a flask!  Any suggestions would be great!
TIA! :)
Baby Love xo BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid/Groomsmen Gifts

• edited December 2011
    your FI should get the groomsman's gifts, not you.

general rule - shop for the wedding party like it's their birthday. the typical gifts that you find on websites for BM/GM no one really wants.
  • edited December 2011
    a friend of mine gave the guys ipod shuffles, another friend gave her guys memberships to the beer of the month club, for us, we gave our guys each a bottle of their fav liquor and cigars so they could party the morning of the wedding and swiss army knives! hope that helps

oh and my husband did not pick out the gifts - i did. he wouldn't even though i told him he should be the one to pick it out
  • edited December 2011
    we thought long and hard about what to get out bridal party.. and tried to get them something a little different b/c so many of them have been in weddings already and we didn't want our gifts to be redundant  ... 

so we ended up getting our girls these beautiful rings ... 
    they go really well with the color dresses (mango/azalea... it's an iridescent taffeta fabric) and cocktail rings are "in" right now, so hopefully it's something they'll wear again and again. i'm also getting havianas flipflops to match the dress, and lil pocket mirrors.

the guys we got pocket knives and cases from the swiss army store up at woodbury ... we bought the coupon book ($10 i think) and saved 15% (i believe). we got one of the  best man a bigger knife and another best man a watch.   all groomsmen got a flask and we'll give them a lil bottle of their fav liquor. 

good luck =)
  • edited December 2011
    We got the girls Coach bags (the kind that go diagonal across the body??) and Kate Spade photo albums.  We got the boys Michael Kors watches.  All were purchased at Woodbury Commons with great sales. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great ideas!!  :)

My FI is going to buy the groomsmen gifts but he is having a hard time deciding on what to get as well...
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did sports memorablilia for the guys...depending on their fave sport/player

and i was the one that purchased them...i asked my hubby for ideas but he left it up to me to figure out which ones to get (he is not an internet shopper)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ssage!  Actually that is a great idea!  The majority of his groomsmen are his 4 brothers who all love the Mets so that would be really cool.
    Yeah most men aren't big shoppers...lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards