Wedding Etiquette Forum

Happy Hump Day!

It's good we tend to put the days of the week in the GM thread title. Otherwise I'd be lost as to what day it is. It's felt like Monday all week.

My interview went really well yesterday. They have a couple more, including one next week, so I probably won't know until then. Cross fingers, pray to whomever you pray to, shout vibes from the rooftop, whatever.

The cable guy is supposed to be coming by this morning to hook up our internet (I'm "borrowing" someone else's at the moment). I also have my "Fact Finding Interview" for the Employment Commission. Hopefully they decide that my old boss is a tool and give me my farking money.

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• GLad to hear that your interview went well.  Fingers and toes crossed for you!

My week has been pretty good with the kids.  Just super busy!  I hit the ground running at 4:30/5:00 and don't stop until bedtime (which seems to be sneaking in earlier and earlier the older I get).  ;-)  My back is out, though.  Major spasms going on...boooo!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I'm sorry about your back B. I didn't even hear the alarm go off this morning I was so out of it. I was having a really good dream, but because Lucas woke me out of it quick I can't remember a darn thing about it.
  • Hi MK!  Yay for your interview, fingers crossed for a good response from them!
  • Good morning!

B, you're in good company. I had a shooting pain go up one side of my back during kickboxing last night, and now it's happening every time I take a step or lean to that side. That should be fun walking around a hospital all day Undecided
  • They seemed to really like me. The Director of Sales said I fit all of the criteria they're looking for. I'm hoping the other interviews they have go poorly. Is that bad?
  • Ouch Jill. How's kickboxing going?
  • MK, good so far. I'm getting back into it after taking a few weeks off b/c of staring my internship and then stuff with the dogs.

I'm keeping my fingers, toes, everything crossed for you. It sounds like you got really good feedback from your interview. Hoping everyone else did badly doesn't make you a bad person at all-I did the same thing with internship interviews!
  • Good morning!  I hope you hear good news quickly MK!  

I have a busy day today.  I work a half day and then I have to get J to school and go look at a house and a daycare and I'm hoping to squeeze in another daycare visit if possible before going back to pick her up from school.  Crossing my fingers that these places work out, it's really an ideal location when it comes to a school system for her and saving money on gas and driving for T and I.  We shall see.  
  • Good luck house hunting and daycare hunting Stacks, Did someone finally buy the place you're renting?
  • Good morning.  Waking up on Wednesdays always feels like I'm starting a marathon...I won't get home until 10:30 PM tonight.  BUT.  I took the ornaments off the tree...and H will be home at 8 AM...which means that the tree MAY be gone by the end of the day.  I live in hope.

Good luck MK and Stacks!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm not sure.  We're still getting showing requests but one website says that it was sold.  So I have no idea what's going on with it.  We just went over our budget this weekend and feel like we're throwing away so much money on utilities.  They're outrageous and we think it's because our house has so many inefficient things about it.  So right now our focus is taking our time and really looking for a place that will work for us and not against us.  I mean we pay $120 a month for a water bill.  That's RIDICULOUS!  We're a family of 3 that doesn't go crazy with water, not to mention we can't even drink it because it tastes nasty.  It's just the stupid water company in our neighborhood, we have to get out from under them.  

Just instances like that where we know we can automatically save by moving to a different area.  
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    That is absolutely ridiculous for a water bill. We pay $18.30 a month for our house.
  • Holy crap stacks, that's a huge water bill. We're on septic, so I'm not sure what our difference would be on city but we hardly pay anything at all for water.

We're hoping H gets his truck back today. It's annoying only having 1 car. Tonight I get to do lots of grading and figuring out a new lesson for next week. The stupid school bookstore decided to backorder the book we need, then randomly cancel all orders without telling anyone, so a lot of students didn't get the book and it's harder to find in person or online. Well, you can get it online but shipping takes a couple weeks.

So irritating.
  • We have septic, but public water comes in to the house. So it's not like ours is cheap because it's well water.
  • Morning!

Fingers and toes crossed for you MK!  I hope everything works out.

Wow Stacks that is a huge water bill, I hope the house hunting goes well and that you find something that will be great for you guys!

That's annoying about the book Sesh, the bookstore should have talked to you about it.
  • Just put in my 45 day move out notice.  HERE WE GO.  
  • Good morning!  I started re-reading A Wrinkle In Time last night.  I had forgotten how much I loved those books.  I'm sad that I don't get to read it at lunch.  Instead I have to cram for lame sociology test instead.  BORING.

Good luck finding a house, Stacks! 

Jill, I love your new sig.  Cute pups!
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Thanks Cfas. I've been wanting to get one for a while now, I just hadn't gotten any recommendations.

Mini vent: Hulu and they're stupid make you wait a week to watch a new episode. The first four episodes of Alcatraz were available immediately, but the newest one isn't. The same with The Finder. I want to watch them damnit.

Yay Stacks!!!
  • Go you, Stacks!  Sounds like it's more than time.

You're getting snow, Cfas? 

• Morning! 

GL Krupy, fingers are crossed!♥
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• I wouldn't mind a little snow, but then I think how awesome it's been not shoveling every day this year.  People freak out here in New England too Cfas, it's like we always get snow why must people always freak out about it?!
  • Cfas if it snows Lucas may never make it home. Traffic was a bear yesterday. It took him 2 hours to get home. Normally it's like an hour.
  • Alcatraz was great this week!  I hope you can see it soon MK!  I need to go watch the premiere b/c we didn't see the first 2 hour episode, just the ones after.  
  • I can't keep up with shows when they're on TV.  We don't have a DVR and I can never remember when stuff is on, so we just end up watching stuff on Netflix.  We're in the middle of How I Met Your Mother right now.

• Cfas, I can't even imagine how bad it was for you guys last year.  It sucked everywhere, but I kept seeing footage of DC completely buried and thinking..."at least we are prepared for winters like this up here."  Hope everyone down there in DC doesn't get too crazy!

Adamar, H and I were joking about that last night on the phone.  We both watch TV shows that are currently airing (he watches Dexter and House, I watch L&O SVU), but we never watch them when they're on.  We wait until they come out on DVD, buy the box set, and watch the whole thing that way.  The only show we've actually kept up with is Once Upon A Time.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0608198-3340-4392-982c-ffc0cf20aeffPost:428baac5-a3e8-4975-a38b-0a27c5004ab8">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cfas, I can't even imagine how bad it was for you guys last year.  It sucked everywhere, but I kept seeing footage of DC completely buried and thinking..."at least we are prepared for winters like this up here."  Hope everyone down there in DC doesn't get too crazy! 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    So true!  I was talking to someone I know in Atlanta last year and he was telling me about how crazy the city was because they got a little snow (he's orginially from MA) and that everything shut down for a week because of it.  It made me so glad to live somewhere that tends to over prepare for storms and can handle them.
  • Bay, we're too cheap to buy the boxed sets.  Although now that Midge told me Boy Meets World is for sale at Target at reasonable prices, that might change.  I miss that show.  How did your H's 24 hour shift go?  Was he at one job for 24 hours, or was that both jobs?  Either way, that sounds exhausting.

• I just watched Boy Meets World this morning.  I love that show!

Cfas- The Seattle area was the same way with snow.  We barely got any there, but when we did people would freak out and go crazy.  The day that we left to start our drive here there was a lot of snow that fell, and they went into a state of emergency for a few days.  And by a lot I mean like 8 inches, but they aren't at all prepared for it so the area completely shuts down.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards