South Carolina-Charleston

Charleston Wedding Planners

Our wedding is set for January in Charleston and I am looking for a wedding planner that can help with venues, food, flowers... everything, and at the same time stay in line with our budget. There are so many planners in the area I am having trouble narrowing it down. If you used a company or planner, can you share who it is and what makes them stand out to you?
Thanks!

Re: Charleston Wedding Planners

• edited December 2011
    I used Melissa at Charleston Celebrations. She was particularly good at negotiating great deals for us on flowers, DJ, food and photography and keeping our budget within bounds. Plus, she's a really cool lady. We're still Facebook friends. Smile
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Amanda with Southern Chic Weddings as our day of coordinator.  She was wonderful!  H and I did all the planning and Amanda tied up the loose ends.  She took over the week before and handled everything that day.  We had to move all the chairs inside with an hour and a half to go due to rain.  Amanda took care of it and all I had to worry about was not puking.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • khemmert12khemmert12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked For the Love of Brides a few weeks ago and they've been great so far!  Erin's helped us nailed down a venue and church (which actually has been the most difficult!!!)  She's been really helpful so far and is so pleasant.
  • Allen+SmithAllen+Smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Elyn and Christy at A Charleston Event & Bridal Library. Planning from oot would be a nightmare if it weren't for these ladies- and if I still lived in Charleston, I would have spent WAY more than necessary if I didn't have them to guide me. They do their own florals (but will work with outside florists too), and have designed all the decor and whatnot. I believe they do day-of or other planning packages, but I went with full-service, and it's really worth every penny. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards