Florida-Central Florida

help explaining....

So I have 4 of my very best friends as part of my bridal party. My best friend, Shannon, since 7th grade I asked to be my Maid of Honor, and I asked my best friend, Kristin, since college/former roomate to be my Matron of Honor. Shannon is not understanding that they are both MOH's, she's like if I am standing next to you then I am your MOH, blah blah blah. The main reason I asked both of them is Shannon is still very wild (for example when she came to visit last month she got fall down drunk, tried to leave with some random guy at wall street, and then slept with my good guy friend) while Kristin is the mother of 2 (my goddaughter/flower girl and a 1 month old), doesn't party and is always my voice of reason, knows how to follow a budget and is not very concerned about clothes, boys and drinking.. The other 2 girls are also much calmer and although enjoy going out they don't get sloshed everytime, and both married, one has a 5 month old (my godson).

Any suggestions how I can get through to her, short of calling her Mom ("my other mother")?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
225 image Invited
127 image Making the Trip
98 image Missing out
0 image MIA
RSVP date February 19th

Re: help explaining....

• edited December 2011
    Maybe it's just me - I don't get why she'd have a problem with this. It's just a title. Just tell her you're equally as close to both of them and couldn't pick just one to have "honour" after their title. I don't think you should get into your real reasons for having two MOH's - there's probably no way to do that without hurting her feelings.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Alyssa!
  • edited December 2011
    Good I thought it was just me having a hard time understanding why. Maybe because she hasn't been in that many weddings (or isn't obsessed with wedding shows and blogs) to know a lot of people have 2.

Thanks Ladies, I think I'll talk to Kristin and explain what's up, she is much more level headed and flexible.

Funny story though, I pretty much took over as Kristins MOH-they had the girl who introduced them which they both regretted- and I made her cry at the wedding. Now they don't even talk to her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP also. I don't even think it's necessary to go into the "mom" details, just say you wanted both of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    I would just say that her the other MOH are both very important people in your lives and you wanted to honor both of them.  I would definitely leave Mom out of it.
  • adarlingztaadarlingzta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been co-MOH twice and it was never a big deal. Both times, I stood next to the bride, held flowers,fluffed train, etc and the other MOH signed the license and made the toast. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards