Indiana-Indianapolis

Alterations

Any recommendations, ladies?

I've lost weight--and my dress is lace... They have to be good!!
Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
image Of 155 invited:
image 74 Will rock out the night!
image 11 Are party poopers!
image 70 Are procrastinators!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    Don't go to Perfect Stiches. They do great work but their customer service sucks. I would suggest Annette Glaser in Danville Indiana (about 30 minutes west of Indy). She did mine really cheaply and it looked amazing. You can find her number in the phone book.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone used the place the Bridal Superstore works with?  I think her name is Shapella maybe?  I got my dress there and when I called for my first round of alterations, they had me call her.  I don't need a ton done, but it does need hemmed, and I worry a bit because the train has a lot of detailed beading along the edge!  
  • hjay07hjay07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marie Frey at Fashions & Custom Creations Inc. is GREAT! She's on the south side in Franklin Township- she does such good work and is very inexpensive!
    f-c-c-i.com

• edited December 2011
    Main Street Alterations in Greenwood!!! She is great. And I have always taken my clothes to her. I just took my dress to her a few weeks ago and I'm exited to get it back! Hope this helps!
  • kkmcnearkkmcnear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the alterations place Bridal Superstore recommended right next door.  I think it's called Indy Alterations.  I would not recommend them.  Their work was fine, but very expensive and their customer service was not very good.  Every time we were there we had to wait even though we had an appointment. 
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a woman named Ellen that Bliss Boutique in Brownsburg recommended (so sad to hear they are going out of business!)

Call up Bliss Boutique and ask for her number.  I also had a lace dress and she did a FANTASTIC job with it.  It was stunning.  Also very reasonable.
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used The Perfect Stitch and had a very pleasant experience.  Though, you really should wait another 5 months or so.  Your weight could still fluctuate.
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second Marie Frey at Fashions Customs and Creations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards