Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding party entrance

I was thinking for the wedding party entrance play You Rock my World by Michael Jackson But does the bride and groom come in during a different song?

Re: Wedding party entrance

• vrobergevroberge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having everyone walk into their own intro songs...you can do whatever you want, it is YOUR wedding!

• Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:efdce848-3ced-4c90-aaf1-bb075cc00c1dPost:54a583f8-8d7e-4a5e-a1c8-9796c58c7b2c">Wedding party entrance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking for the wedding party entrance play You Rock my World by Michael Jackson But does the bride and groom come in during a different song?
    Posted by starshimaabernathy[/QUOTE]
    Either way is fine... you can come in to the same song or a different one. Or, as pp said, you can use a different song for everyone.
  • anna_johnsonanna_johnson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I play string music for weddings (Eliana Strings) and we often play a different song for the bridal party and then one for the bride. 

A couple of things you have to consider is how long (time wise) the sections of music you need are so that you don't have an awkward change between songs. Because it is a pop song, you will need to pick which section of the song you want to because you probably wont need the whole thing. 

Something that can help with that is if you have the minister or whoever is presiding over the ceremony to announce you. that way whoever is doing the music has tome to change it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards