February 2013 Weddings

June Siggy Challenge--Bridesmaids!

Hi guys! Can't believe June is already upon us. Unless anyone has a better idea, I was thinking we could post pictures of bridesmaids dress-pirations or a picture of the dress(es) we've picked out for our girls! How is everyone doing with planning? :)

Re: June Siggy Challenge--Bridesmaids!

• I am probably behind on planning, lol.  But its so hard to meet with vendors when they're all 3 hours away!  And for some reason, they don't like doing much over the phone/email.  Ugh.

I'll upload a photo later, but I'm asking my 'maids to get floor-length infinity dresses!  I figure its the best attempt to a) fit all of their various body types and b) pick something they'll maybe hopfully wear again.  The only problem I'm running in to is that 2 girls are REALLY tall, 5'10 and 6' without heels, so I'm searching for an Etsy seller that will make them custom lengths.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know!!! It's crazy how it's already June!!!  We are about 8 months away :-D

mckemowse- I LOVE that dress for your girls!!!

amo- that's a cool idea!  i think i like the one shoulder look :-)

I will try and find my inspiration pic...I've been looking for a high low dress for my girls (my sisters) to wear since my bridal gown is also a high low gown!  I've seen some on the web at Arden B and my mom told me I should look at J Crew as well :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited June 2012

I'm having the girls pick whatever dress they want in a redish color. My two sisters already have theirs (not by my forcing), which is similar to the first two. So to go with the sunset theme, I'm having my FSIL get either an orangey or light pink/coral color dress. :)

P.S. Why is time have to go by so fast now?! I have a full time job now (YAY!) and my fi has one for the summer (double YAY!) so time is short for us (still on a halt, trying to figure things out.). I've missed all ya ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • hope!! glad to hear things are moving along for you and your FI!!!

I want to make it a point to get on this board more often...you girls are so much fun and so nice :-)
  • siggy challenge accepted! lol!!  i was hoping to find something like this in like a multicolor "tropical" feel... i will settle for a solid bright color though like yellow or purple.  I don't mind my girls wearing different colors either :-)
  • I've asked my girls to select their own white dresses.  With the bright flowers and the beach, I think it will be perfect. 
  • I like a lot of the dresses that you guys have posted!
    I haven't gone shopping with my girls yet. They are going to wear the same thing. There are only two of them though, so pretty easy to find something that looks great on both of them. This dress is both one of their favorites from looking at pictures. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks~! I'm trying to make a point of coming back more often since my schedule has kinda settled down now. Love the different dresses. :D My mom said we're going to get on fixing my wedding dress in the next week or so, as well as my sisters' (both are a little big because they got them on clarence)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Is this a David's Bridal dress? I just wore something similar in a wedding in May.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_june-siggy-challenge-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:f6ee48d9-0c50-41d5-ba5a-24fb8aeae6bfPost:56cb25fb-2ce0-401b-afbf-22d8878565f9">Re: June Siggy Challenge--Bridesmaids!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like a lot of the dresses that you guys have posted! I haven't gone shopping with my girls yet. They are going to wear the same thing. There are only two of them though, so pretty easy to find something that looks great on both of them. This dress is both one of their favorites from looking at pictures.
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • We already went shopping for and bought BM dresses :) The girls are wearing this in navy with cowboy boots! The fabric, pockets, and rouching mimic my dress and they match fantastically! I just sort of let the girls go looking in the store and this is the first dress they picked.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • Some beautiful dresses here. I went with David's Bridal because my girls are all over Louisiana but they are all close to one of the stores. I have 8 bridesmaids and we were lucky to find a dress that looked really good on all of them.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_june-siggy-challenge-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:f6ee48d9-0c50-41d5-ba5a-24fb8aeae6bfPost:4d97c73d-ae20-48b6-a629-1dc86128fe5f">Re: June Siggy Challenge--Bridesmaids!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm having the girls pick whatever dress they want in a redish color.</strong> My two sisters already have theirs (not by my forcing), which is similar to the first two. So to go with the sunset theme, I'm having my FSIL get either an orangey or light pink/coral color dress. :) P.S. Why is time have to go by so fast now?! I have a full time job now (YAY!) and my fi has one for the summer (double YAY!) so time is short for us (still on a halt, trying to figure things out.). I've missed all ya ladies, hope everyone is doing well.
    Posted by HopefulLife[/QUOTE]

Hehe I'm doing the exact same thing with my bridesmaids! Since they're all different size and height, it's just easier that way, and everybody will feel more confortable too.

I just LOVE vintage inspired dresses, and since we're getting married in a old jazz cabaret which still has its red curtains and awesome art deco architecture, I think that style will just blend perfectly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_june-siggy-challenge-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:f6ee48d9-0c50-41d5-ba5a-24fb8aeae6bfPost:b8473710-d9ee-4613-b360-41cbdd135e68">Re: June Siggy Challenge--Bridesmaids!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some beautiful dresses here. I went with David's Bridal because my girls are all over Louisiana but they are all close to one of the stores. I have 8 bridesmaids and we were lucky to find a dress that looked really good on all of them.
    Posted by tigergirl7[/QUOTE]
    I love that dress!  It was the second choice for my girls.  I have to see if I can get a picture up of one of them trying on the one we went with. . . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lnf616lnf616 member
    First Comment

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well!

Since we are doing a day time wedding, I wanted something fun and super bright.  I love this color and style from DB.  Although I have heard some crazy stories about DB, we have had only good experiences thus far.  Plus, I do have ladies in the wedding party in different place, so it works out well!

Originally I was just going to pick a color and let the ladies pick their own dresses, but I fell in love with this one on my sister (she's a size 14 and this actually looked slimming on her believe it or not!!).  So I have no fears that it will look great on some of the smaller ladies!!

I do love the dresses I have seen posted here, I have to keep myself from choosing a different one!!  LOL!!

• krdonaldson: This is an Alfred Angelo dress, but David's Bridal has a similar one. We may go with that one instead. Haven't decided yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards