Wedding Invitations & Paper

BBQ / Park Reception

Hi everyone -
Well we have changed up again - wow I really have some decision making issues lol.  

So, originally we were going to have the reception in our backyard, very casual - hot dog cart, cotton candy machine, fun and casual.  Well after some thought, we found a park right by our house that has everything more space, a bbq pit area with tables around it, a gazebo for the dancefloor. 

Where you all come in - I need to find a way to put on the invites that the wedding and recption is very casual - and that we will be in a park for the reception and be on picnic tables.  

Thanks for your help!

Re: BBQ / Park Reception

• You'll put your reception location on the invitation and the wording/invitation style will give a clue to the guests as to the casual nature of the event. 

For example: Please join us after the cermony for bar-b-que and dancing at Central Park. 

A white/ecru/ivory invitation with black scripted font would hint towards a formal event while a colorful, modern invitation with block letters would imply a casual affair. 

Hope this helps!
  • It does thanks =)   I like that wording =)
  • Thanks for the input - Retread Bride this is exactly what we are going for fun - relaxing - and casual. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards