Honeymoon Discussions
Options

I need some serious honeymoon help!

I need help knotties. I know this sounds crazy, but i cant make up my mind about where to go!!!!! I know that i want a place right on the beach, crystal clear blue water, relaxation, and all the other honeymoon good stuff, but i cant find anyplace that gives me that WOW factor.

Help me out!!! Where should i go? Tell me your experiences/ideas!!!

Thanks ladies!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: I need some serious honeymoon help!

• Options
    If you can afford it, Bora Bora is pretty awesome.  My friend just went there for her honeymoon and it's very striking.  She said her hut was so secluded she could sunbathe nude.  Also you could see through the coffee table to the water underneath.  You could even open the coffee table and feed the fish lol. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    What is your budget?  How long you going?  What types of activities do you want to do?  Just lay on the beach or get out and explore?
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    St. John and Anguilla have gorgeous beaches.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    VESmith25VESmith25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    If you have the budget and don't mind a long travel day French Polynesia or Fiji would probably give you the wow factor !  We haven't been yet but both are on our list.  

For less expensive than the South Pacific and a much shorter flight you could do St. Barth where we honeymooned.  It's a small French island with beautiful beaches and fantastic shopping and restaurants.  Private villas are abundant for all budgets...we loved it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to suggest Bora Bora Tahiti area also.  That is where the Bachelorette Finale was and our dream vacation spot.  Just the pictures take my breath away.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thailand :D

Check out the Melati Beach Resort & Spa. So amazing, so beautiful.. a place full of culture, adventure, and beauty.

My FI and I have decided upon Thailand. The most expensive part is just getting over there.. 

Goodluck. 
    Me (26) DH (26) TTC since March 2012. Dx: Hypothyroid in 2007.
    CD3 BW: Low AMH - .88; 7dpo BW - 10.3; SA: Normal; HSG - All Open. Genetic Testing revealed MTHFR - C (hetero)
    1st RE Appt 10.24.12
    Oct. 2012: 100mg Clomid (CD3-7)+ Ovidrel (CD12) + TI = P4-35.9 = BFP 11/16/12 (12dpo)t!!
    Beta #1 (11/19) =142! Beta #2 (11/21) = 303!, Beta #3 (11/23) = 640!
    EDD: 07/31/2013!
    My Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There are a lot of places like that in the Caribbean and Mexico too, depends on your budget and time. St Lucia, Aruba, St John/St Thomas, Cabo, etc...

Have you thought about talking to a travel agent? They might be able to help you narrow down the options!
  • Options
    Obviously Tahiti/Bora Bora would be amazing, but very expensive. There are plenty of beautiful beaches in the Caribbean if you  have more of a budget. We are going to St. Lucia because it has the most diverse landscape, rainforests, volcanos, beaches and plantations. I hear Aruba and Jamaica have some of the best beaches in the Caribbean.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I guess by the way it sounds, I am lucky, I plan the wedding and my FI plans the honeymoon. And don't worry girls, he has an incredible eye for things.
    You know you are truly blessed when you find that one who completes you,makes you totally happy, and feels your pain from the other room. The one you feel lost without, the one that makes you laugh, the one that makes you cry. The one that makes you wonder how you can be so lucky. Congratulations to everyone who has found "the one."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards