Texas-Austin

Traditions..

What is one tradition that you are making a "must" at your wedding?

What is a tradition that you will be scrapping and why?

Re: Traditions..

• edited December 2011
    I think "something blue" might be the only tradition I am insistent on.  I am wearing my grandmother's blue and rhinestone brooch pinned to the inside hem of my dress. And a cake-cutting (I didn't really care about cake, but FI did) and I think we're doing a first dance. And, my dress is white, so I suppose that is tradition!  But no dance with my dad/his mom, no bouquet toss, no garter snatching, probably not many toasts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    All the bridal "somethings", a dollar dance, first dance, father/daughter, mother/son, but no garter toss or bouquet toss.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • edited December 2011
     The only tradition we'll be scrapping, is the garter toss. I think we both just thought we'd feel cheesy doing it.  Also, I don't have my "something blue" yet, and I'm not sure I care to make sure I have that. haha.
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to try and do as many traditions as possible. We are a very tradition and extremely family oriented couple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I guess traditionally speaking we are pretty much sticking to tradition. Im also pretty insistent about sticking to these. I know things like the garter toss are totally cheesy but this is supposed to be the happiest and most fun ever so im all for the chessy garter toss. So I dont think theres any of them we arent doing but I think the most important one for me is the Something old, new, borrowed, and blue. My mom passed away and we are using her birthday as our wedding day so for this I dont know specifics yet as per my father its a surprise but I do know that my something old and something borrowed are things my father is giving me that were my mothers. So this is a very important tradition for me.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are scrapping a lot of tradition. We aren't doing mother/son or father/daughter dances, no bouquet toss, no garter toss, and no "bridal somethings" either. None of the bridesmaids are wearing the same dress either. 

The one tradition that we are sticking to is that my FI won't see me or my dress until I walk down the aisle. He insisted upon it, and it's important to him.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011

I'm doing the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. We're also not seeing each other until I walk down the aisle. We're doing the cake cutting, first dance, and probably the father/daughter & mother/son dances, but we aren't doing any other dances or tossing the bouquet or garter. To me some of the other dances just drag on when the people attending the reception want to have some fun too. The bouquet and garter toss seem silly & I don't understand singling out all of the single people at the wedding or having the groom dig around under my dress in front of the entire world.

• laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditions.... Hum.
    We are not very traditional so this is a toughie.
    I don't mind if he sees my dress, or pics of me in it, we will try to avoid him seeing me in it, but even then I am not bothered when it isn't with my entire get up including veil. I have taken him dress shopping once already.

We will do the garter toss and the bouquet toss. I still don't know what the plan is for dances since I do not have a father and my mother will walk me down the isle.

I will load up on the bridal somethings but that isn't hard if I buy a secondhand dress.

What other traditions are there? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are following all traditions!
    Not seeing one another before the wedding all the somethings, garter and bouquet toss!!! :-)
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards