Ohio-Toledo

Let's get to know the new Toledo brides!

It seems like we have a lot of new Toledo brides (yay!)  

Let's do a survey!

Bride and groom name:
Where are you getting married:
When are you getting married:
Where will your reception be:
Why did you choose your ceremony location:
Why did you choose your reception location:
How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers:
What are you wedding colors:
What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far:
What has been your biggest wedding deal so far:
How long have you and your FI been together:
Share anything else you would like:
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Let's get to know the new Toledo brides!

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name: Robin and BWhere are you getting married: Nazareth HallWhen are you getting married: July 2011Where will your reception be: Nazareth HallWhy did you choose your ceremony location: I really wanted an outside wedding ceremony and NH is beautiful!Why did you choose your reception location: I wanted the ceremony and reception in the same location.  We have a lot of OOT guests, and I didn't want people getting lostHow many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 7 bridesmaids/7 groomsmen, 1 jr bridesmaid, 1 flower girl, and 2 ring bearers.What are you wedding colors: DB Mermaid (kind of a turquoise color) and shades of pink. May add some black in there as well :)What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: our venue, Nazareth Hall on a Saturday night in a peak month. It's taking a big part of our budget, but I think it will be worth it.What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: My Maggie Sottero dress from Atlas for $99. Love it :)How long have you and your FI been together: almost 3 yearsShare anything else you would like: Umm, I got nothing. 
  • edited December 2011
    99 for a maggie? which one did you get? I love coco!  and my friend got scarlett!
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married: St Pats Historic
    When are you getting married: August 13th 2011
    Where will your reception be: Crowne Plaza
    Why did you choose your ceremony location: It is beautiful and downtown and Im catholic
    Why did you choose your reception location: again downtown on the river
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 3 bridesmaids 3 groomsmen and 1 flower girl (I wanted a small wedding party!)
    What are you wedding colors: Im bouncing around colors I love blue but my venue is mainly red and I dont really want red white and blue
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: venue
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: photographer? I dont know
    How long have you and your FI been together: almost 5 years
    Share anything else you would like: Coco is my dog child!
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, Can I see a pic of Coco?  My dogchild is Delilah.  

I actually don't know the name of my Maggie dress.  I got it at a sample sale and the name wasn't on the tag.  I have pictures at work that I can post on Monday.  
  • edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name: Jessica & Don
    Where are you getting married: Village View Church of Christ in BG
    When are you getting married: April 16, 2011
    Where will your reception be: Tontogany Legion
    Why did you choose your ceremony location: The pastor at the church has been through a lot with us and my aunt goes to church there. It just felt right that we he be the one who marries us and that we use their church.
    Why did you choose your reception location: It fit the budget and holds the amount of people we need it to.
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, 2 flower girls, 1 ring bearer
    What are you wedding colors: red/black/white
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: I'm not sure I've paid full price/a lot of money for anything so far. Food though will be a big expense when we get around to buying it.
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: Not sure I can pick one. I got my dress for $99 at the Atlas sale in July, which saved over $500. I also got quite a few things on sale and at garage sales over the summer. I think I've figured up that so far I've saved over $3,000 on everything.
    How long have you and your FI been together: 2 1/2 years and we'll have been together just over 3 years when we get married.
    Share anything else you would like: I'm hopelessly addicted to DIY projects and I'm not sure what I'm going to do once we're married and all of the DIY goes away Cry
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lets-new-toledo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:40f47984-2e07-403b-aca8-7aa591835a0bPost:544528f6-b3cc-4985-9a62-9fb2022ef6e7">Re: Let's get to know the new Toledo brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Share anything else you would like: I'm hopelessly addicted to DIY projects and I'm not sure what I'm going to do once we're married and all of the DIY goes away
    Posted by chicadelpadre[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I have a solution to this dilemma! You can do all of my DIY for me! hehehehe. :) </div>
  • edited December 2011

This is my baby! Delilah is beautiful! CoCo has a "cousin" who is a beagle!
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!!! She is precious! She almost doesn't look real...more like a stuffed animal.  It looks like she has pig tails!

I think I squealed out loud when I saw that picture!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lets-new-toledo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:40f47984-2e07-403b-aca8-7aa591835a0bPost:91b0d4b1-ad02-42ea-99c4-86b7895829e8">Re: Let's get to know the new Toledo brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's get to know the new Toledo brides! : I think I have a solution to this dilemma! You can do all of my DIY for me! hehehehe. :) 
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

lol I totally would! The hot glue gun and I are on the outs right now after an incident where I lost some skin on a finger yesterday, but once we kiss and make up it's on again!
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!!

Bride and groom name: Jamie and Kevin
    Where are you getting married: St. Clement's Catholic Church
    When are you getting married: 10-1-11
    Where will your reception be: Cambridge Hall
    Why did you choose your ceremony location: I was baptised there and made my first communion there.
    Why did you choose your reception location: Loved the spaciousness of the hall, and it's only 2 miles from our church
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 7 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen. No flower girl or ring bearer since we won't be having children at the wedding
    What are you wedding colors: Navy Blue ("Marine" at DB) and Kelly Green
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: The largest chunk of wedding money will be going to the hall.
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: Flowers! What a find! :)
    How long have you and your FI been together: 2 years this summer
    Share anything else you would like: I originally did not want a wedding, wanted to go to Vegas... but my family, friends, and fiance talked me into this, and I'm so glad they did!

• edited December 2011
    I LOVE Maggie Sottero! My dress is Geena!
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lets-new-toledo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:40f47984-2e07-403b-aca8-7aa591835a0bPost:19c7fcd3-5d2c-4357-90e1-dbd3b54efdd3">Re: Let's get to know the new Toledo brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you getting married: St Pats Historic
    Posted by CoCo'sMommy[/QUOTE]
    Me too!

<div>Bride and groom name: Katie and Chuck
    </div> <div>Where are you getting married: See above.
    </div> <div>When are you getting married: June 25, 2011.
    </div> <div>Where will your reception be: Angola Gardens
    </div> <div>Why did you choose your ceremony location: My parents' church (helps that its GORGEOUS!!)
    </div> <div>Why did you choose your reception location: Price was right, nice place, recommended by mom's coworker. I actually haven't seen it yet--I live in Pittsburgh...
    </div> <div>How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 4/4/0/0
    </div> <div>What are you wedding colors: Shades of blue (navy for bridesmaid dresses)
    </div> <div>What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: Idk... spend a lot on the dress, reception venue/catering is biggest purchase of course...
    </div> <div>What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: None so far... we only have been engaged 6 weeks. I guess the dress was a nice deal, 10% off and then $60 off the custom order jacket...
    </div> <div>How long have you and your FI been together: 2 years 8 months
    </div> <div>
    </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • abigirl9abigirl9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CoCo's cousin masterchief!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • abigirl9abigirl9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name: Abi and CodeyWhere are you getting married: All Saints Catholic ChurchWhen are you getting married: July 9th, 2011 Where will your reception be: Electrical Industry Banquet Facility Why did you choose your ceremony location: It's my churchWhy did you choose your reception location: It's close to the church and hotel and it's a really nice hallHow many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 6 bridesmaids (one of them is CoCo'sMommy!), 6 groomsman, 2 flower girls, no ring bearer What are you wedding colors: orange and green with a little yellow here and thereWhat has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: besides the catering, probably photographyWhat has been your biggest wedding deal so far: flowers!!!How long have you and your FI been together: a little over 3 yearsShare anything else you would like: I'm also hopelessly addicted to DIY projects, currently working on "happy tears" packets for the ceremony, designed my invites(haven't decided on whether I should print them via Vistaprint or try to print them myself), I've got big plans for table numbers, flower girl baskets, programs, and favors!!! Oh, and my dress is a Maggie, too!!! It's Scarlet!!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    How fun! Two brides that know each other! 

Abi- I post a lot on July 2011.  I have seen you over there a little bit. And I loveeeee your puppers! 
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if I'm considered "new" since I've been on here a few months but I'll fill in the survey anyways :) 

Bride and groom name: Allyson & Ben 

Where are you getting married: Rosary Cathedral 

When are you getting married: 8.6.2011

Where will your reception be: Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion 

Why did you choose your ceremony location: It's where both my parents and grandparents got married

Why did you choose your reception location: We both have a passion for art and we wanted to do something different for a reception location and our guests (a number of whom will be from out of town)

How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, not sure about flower girls/ring bearers

What are you wedding colors: light blue, purple & graphite grey 
    I wanted the blue-hydrangea color but wasn't sure what to go with it. Then I found this combo.. looove it...

What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: Probably having our reception at the Glass Pavilion but we are both so excited for it! 

What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: Hmm.. I got my dress for a pretty good deal {Mikaella 1508}. It was actually UNDER what I budgeted originally which is pretty impressive.. I told FI I was going to put the saved $$ towards some super sweet shoes... :)

How long have you and your FI been together: When he proposed, just over 4 years, when we get married it will be over 5.5

Share anything else you would like: Everyone else here likes to share pictures of their little doggie. I do not have a dog, rather a little bird. His name is Rudy 

grr ... just tried posting a pic but its not working.. :( I'll have to try again later... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bride and groom name: Cat & Chris

Where are you getting married: Regina Coeli Catholic Church

When are you getting married: November 27, 2010 (40 days!)

Where will your reception be: Gladieux Meadows Reception Hall

Why did you choose your ceremony location: The church I was baptized in closed down.  This church is where my mother goes now (I live in CO, so it's not my church).

Why did you choose your reception location: Seemed like the best bang for the buck.  All inclusive type thing and wasn't requiring 250 people.

How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 2/2/0/1

What are you wedding colors: purple (like plum) and burnt orange

What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far:  Limo to drive us around between ceremony and reception.  Completely unnecessary, but I wanted it for the experience.

What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: Got my garter for $6 from Hobby Lobby, and my card treasure box thing for $15 from there.  The invitations were dirt cheap too... Got those from Michaels and then used a 40% off coupon.

How long have you and your FI been together:  We've known each since March 2006.  Dating since Feb 2008.  Engaged since Dec 2009.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jttoledo9279jttoledo9279 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name:  Janet & Mike
    Where are you getting married:  The Doo-Wop Diner Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas
    When are you getting married:02/11/11
    Where will your reception be:  Las Vegas
    Why did you choose your ceremony location:  Because it's all about FUN!
    Why did you choose your reception location:  Because we'll be in Vegas.
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers:  2/2/0/0
    What are you wedding colors:  persimmon and jade (orange and turquoise)
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far:  The trip to Vegas
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far:  The hotel, we got a great rate for Planet Hollywood on the Strip.
    How long have you and your FI been together: 5 years
    Share anything else you would like:  We are not planning a traditional reception here at home, instead we are sending out announcements in the form of a CD, with Vegas/Elvis/Wedding themed songs, with pictures of our wedding on the outside of the CD case. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am definitely not new seeing as I get married NEXT WEEKEND (!!!!) but I never got to do this when I was new...so here goes

Bride and groom name: Christie & Ken
    Where are you getting married: Manor House at WIldwood
    When are you getting married: 10/30/10
    Where will your reception be: Stone Oak Country Club
    Why did you choose your ceremony location: I've always loved the Manor House, my family has visited Wildwood & the Manor House for as long as I remember
    Why did you choose your reception location: My sister is a member at Stone Oak so we don't have to pay the room fee and she gets to put the reception toward her food minimum
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 8 BM (we each have 3 sisters), 4 GM, 1 FG, 1 RB
    What are you wedding colors: purple (a dark deep purple) and silver
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: The videographer & photographer were our biggest ticket items after the reception, I didn't really splurge on anything
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: My shoes ($4)
    How long have you and your FI been together: two years
    Share anything else you would like:  Did I say I am getting married NEXT WEEKEND?!?!?!?!?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name: Josh and Shana
    Where are you getting married:St. Josephs Parish in Marblehead
    When are you getting married:09/24/11
    Where will your reception be: Lyman harbor
    Why did you choose your ceremony location:  The only Catholic church in the area that wasn't already booked!!!!! It's also on a pier next to a lighthouse!!
    Why did you choose your reception location: We are boaters and spent alot of our time while dating at Lyman and the surrounding area.
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers:5/5/1
    What are you wedding colors: Navy blue with accents in all things peacock!
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: venue
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: Photog and dress
    How long have you and your FI been together: 21/2 years
    Share anything else you would like: I don't know how to post pictures on the knot, all I can ever come up with is the stupid words that I think are going to be the pictures! URGH...but I have a puggle named Franklin and a golden retriever named Bam Bam, they are definately our dog babies, oh and we have a fish, named Booger.
  • edited December 2011
    You click on the picture of the tree at the bottom. It is next to the spell check. Click on that then browse to choose it from your files.
  • edited December 2011
    I swear if it's that easy I will scream! AHHH...it works but unfortunately this computer was just cleaned out. I will post pics of my babies when I get to my work computer. Yea thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name: Jessica and Brian
    Where are you getting married:  Our church, Christian Fellowship. 
    When are you getting married:  July 1, 2010 (Our anniversary. :D)
    Where will your reception be:  The Lodge at Strawberry Acres
    Why did you choose your ceremony location:  I was originally against it (Sanctuary is not very attractive), but it's the most convenient location, as well as the place we first met and the place he first worked up the nerve to tell me he was interested in me, sooo...Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to have the ceremony outside.  :)
    Why did you choose your reception location:  They're really decently priced and allow you to do all your own catering.  After checking it out ourselves and talking to another girl I know who had her reception there, we decided it was the best choice.  It's less than five minutes from our ceremony location!
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: I have five girls...and so far he has two guys, lol.  I think he's made up his mind about who he'll ask for the third one, but we have no idea about the others...I told him it doesn't matter if the numbers don't match up, but I he really wants them to.  We'll figure it out. 
    What are you wedding colors:  Blue and green-our favorite colors.
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far:  So far, the reception hall, although I think that photography is going to end up being our biggest expense, aside from the honeymoon.  We just haven't settled on a photographer yet.
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far:  Food.  We haven't figure out a total cost yet, but his best man's mother and one of my bridesmaid's parents will be doing our food, and it's going to save us a TON.  Also, engagement pictures.  One of my bridesmaids is a fantastic photographer, and she has done two shoots with us for free, as her wedding gift.
    How long have you and your FI been together:  Not very long, ha.  About 16 months.
    Share anything else you would like:  Anybody know any decent photographers in the area that have packages below $1,000?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• edited December 2011
    *TisBeauty* My best friend is a photographer and she rocks! Her cost depends on what you want but if you tell her that Shana (pronounced Shawna) told you to call she will probably work something out for you! Her name is Abby, her website is Abbylynn.zenfolio.com. her contact number is 419-602-3324. and Coco I have a pic of my babes.
  • edited December 2011

I am not "new" either and our wedding is in two weeks! <3<3 I cant wait!!!

Bride and groom name:
    Brittany & Jimmy
    Where are you getting married: First Presbyterian Church, Maumee
    When are you getting married:  November 6th, 2010
    Where will your reception be:  Wildwood Metropark Ward Pavillion
    Why did you choose your ceremony location:  My grand parents have been member of that church for 40 years. The chapel where my ceremony is, is over 100 years old. Its beautiful.
    Why did you choose your reception location:  I love wildwood. My gramma used to take us there everyweekend when we were kids. And it will look so pretty when all the leaves change.
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 6BM 6GM 1RB 1FG
    What are you wedding colors: Red, White, and Light Brushed Gold
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far: The mother's gifts. I bought them necklaces from Kays. <3
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far: I would say its a toss up btw my Cake place and my Caterer. Both have been so completely accomodating. I cant wait to see (and taste) the end result.
    How long have you and your FI been together: 5 1/2 years <3
    Share anything else you would like: I couldnt be happier. Everything seems to be running so smoothly (right now.) In a few short weeks, my family ans friends will be flying in from all over the country. IM SO EXCITED!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bride and groom name:  Caitlin and Dan
    Where are you getting married:  Toledo Museum of Art - Great Gallery
    When are you getting married: 6/25/11
    Where will your reception be: Hilton Garden Inn, Perrysburg
    Why did you choose your ceremony location:  FI walked into the room on a tour and said "we are getting married here"
    Why did you choose your reception location:HGI has a great reputation and It was the most convenient for all of our out of town guests
    How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls/ring bearers: 7/7/0/0
    What are you wedding colors: Navy Blue and Champagne with Peacock Feathers
    What has been your biggest wedding splurge so far:  reception and Keith Brooks for the flowers
    What has been your biggest wedding deal so far:  haven't gotten any steals yet, ut everything so far has been in budget
    How long have you and your FI been together:  3.5 years

December Siggy Challenge - My Hair! image
  • edited December 2011
    aww they are cuddling!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_lets-new-toledo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:40f47984-2e07-403b-aca8-7aa591835a0bPost:51fdaf08-abd4-4ffa-87cb-cc7abadbd6b8">Re: Let's get to know the new Toledo brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]*TisBeauty* My best friend is a photographer and she rocks! Her cost depends on what you want but if you tell her that Shana (pronounced Shawna) told you to call she will probably work something out for you! Her name is Abby, her website is Abbylynn.zenfolio.com. her contact number is 419-602-3324. and Coco I have a pic of my babes.
    Posted by ShanaFry[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!  I may give her a try.  :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• edited December 2011
    Rak123/Robin Its tuesday night and I have yet to see pics of youe awesome Maggie dress!!! Do show pleease:)
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    There is beauty- http://www.photographybyamycook.com/ She is under $1000

Shana- AWWWWWWWWWW!!! cute puppers :)

Coco- Here she is. I think I am going to go with a different sash, because it doesn't really for with anything else. Regular $1200, marked down to $100.  It doesn't need much alteration besides the boob area and the bustle :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards