New Jersey

S/o Do you wear pantyhose?

Spin off from "emergency items" post. Will you wear them under your wedding dress? Do you wear them as a bridesmaid?

I personally don't unless it is necessary. I do own black and grey and will wear them at times. I would wear beige pantyhose with a skirt-suit, but my job does not require me to wear a suit, so that doesn't happen in reality.
image Tuffy
RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010

Re: S/o Do you wear pantyhose?

• Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost never do but I have some "tights" and I have somse stockings but I did not wear them under my wedding dress. One more thing to deal with! Plus my shoes were peep toe and I NEVER wear stockings/tights with an open toe!
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No it is not the 90s

I would wear black tights under a dress or as leggings but never nude pantyhose- yuck.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed ~ I HATE pantyhose! Avoid wearing it at all costs! And I will definitely not wear it on my wedding day! Also agreed, I do have black tights I wear with some things.

*WARNING: Crass joke to follow*

Q: What do Iraq and pantyhose have in common...?

A: Flatbush!

ba dum dum
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    Oooh good point - peep toe shoes do totally call for a non-pantyhose look. Forgot about that!

I do have a lot of tights as well - patterned, cool knit, etc. 
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't worn actual pantyhose in years! Occasionally I'll wear tights with a cute skirt or something, but it's usually more of a casual outfit. I don't have to wear skirt suits for work, so I don't know if I would possibly wear them in that kind of an outfit. Under my gown I'm planning to wear Spanx - all the slimming goodness of control top pantyhose without the hose!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose.  In any situation where I would have needed to, I make it about 15 minutes before completely destroying them.  Luckily, I work in a fitness center and pantyhose aren't required or even appropriate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204 Invited image
    7 Ready to Celebrate! image
    1 Going to Miss The Fun image
    196 Making Us Wait image *RSVP Date April 25*
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did to a job interview the other day.  I wanted to kill myself.

I wear black or grey tights during the winter sometimes.

Other than that, never ever ever ever ever.  Not even to federal court in the dead of winter.  I think they're ugly, dated, serve no point, and do not make an outfit look more dressy or appropriate.

But funny you should ask -- a friend just emailed.  She started a job at a large accounting firm this week, the dress code said hose or socks were required every day, and she didn't believe that was possible.  Apparently it is true and an intern was fired on the spot for not doing that last summer.  I can't believe that could possibly be a thing.  I'm pretty sure I'd quit a week into that job.
  • edited December 2011
    We technically have to wear hose if we are wearing anything that shows the legs... people would be sent home for this when i worked in Florida... here they are more relaxed about it but I would never dare wear a skirt or dress without hose if anyone from Florida was visiting.
    *~allie~*

• JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Under duress.

I recently wore them for two funerals in February (my black pants are no longer funeral-appropriate). Sometimes I have to wear them on stage - usually they are tights.

My mother (who hasn't worked in a coporate environment in over 15 years) thinks pantyhose are still required. I've already informed her I will not be wearing them for my wedding, nor will I wear a bra. And she has to learn to deal.
  • edited December 2011
    Only time I would wear pantyhose would be to an interview because you never know if the interviewer is old school or not.
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    never... just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable.  90s flashbacks...ugh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear them under my wedding dress, but I do wear them on occasion, particularly black ones.

I do it for warmth.  I am ALWAYS freezing.  Like uncontrollably, uncomfortably cold in the winter.  If I am wearing a dress in the winter then I will wear pantyhose or leggings.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I hate hate hate them but have worked in 5 star hotels in the past where you can NOT show legs :)  No no no!  

Haha .... but haven't worn them in a long long time
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, all the time.  My workplace is business formal, so I wear a suit to work every day.   And if it's a skirt suit.... yes.  But otherwise, heck no!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear them under skirt suits when i'm on trial only and wouldn't even do that on a hot day in August.

I wear tights under skirt suits all winter long--I really like this look and you don't have to dry clean the skirts as much as the pants (for suits).

Since I'm the type of lawyer that is in court and in front of juries all the time I kind of don't have a choice... but I don't like it.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wear-pantyhose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5fb40722-7fbe-400d-9fae-4c110a5aede7Post:3efc4646-51fa-4c00-9bbb-0b97139003c9">Re: S/o Do you wear pantyhose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear them under skirt suits when i'm on trial only and wouldn't even do that on a hot day in August. I wear tights under skirt suits all winter long--I really like this look and you don't have to dry clean the skirts as much as the pants (for suits). Since I'm the type of lawyer that is in court and in front of juries all the time I kind of don't have a choice... but I don't like it.
    Posted by Lolyalyssa[/QUOTE]

<div>Ugh that sucks for you. As a juror I definitely wouldn't think any better about young attorney if she was wearing pantyhose (but I'm sure jury consultants and your bosses would disagree with me).  </div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have to wear skirt suits in front of juries?  And what color suits can you get away with?  What kinds of shirts?  (I find jury research fascinating.)</div>
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a lawyer as well but I work in the fed government - very conservative office - and it would not be acceptable to have bare legs.  I really don't like them but don't have a choice if I feel like wearing a skirt. I wear tights in the cooler months.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I've only worn pantyhose with a skirt suit for interviews.  Otherwise, my job is CASUAL...well I wear business casual outfits during the week and jeans on Friday.

I'm NOt wearing pantyhose for my wedding day.  I'm getting married in July and just can't deal with the extra layer.  I'm wearing closed toe flats, but I'm just going to wear them without anything.

I'm pretty sure my bridal salon suggested that I should wear hose and closed toe shoes for the wedding day (since it is a formalish wedding).  I say heck no!  I got a closed toe shoe only because I liked the pair best.
  • carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    edited December 2011
    Hate them!!!!!!!!!!! and def won't wear them on the wedding day, too uncomfortable
  • MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I hate them! gross
    I will wear tights sometimes in the winter but thats about it.

In "the handmaids tale" they say it gives you crock rot - vomit!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards