Arizona-Phoenix

Flowers from Safeway?

So I have been thinking about my flowers and I had been considering making the self bouquets myself to save money (Im not using flowers as center pieces) but my mom thinks its a bad idea thinking I wont want to be worrying about flowers the day before and I think she may be right.  Iv been asking around about flowers at a good price and  a friend of a friend got her flowers from Safeway.  I have always noticed that they do have nice flowers in the store, but I never knew they took wedding orders.  Has anyone ordered through them or know of anyone who has? I just want to get some more feedback.  Thanks!Laughing

Re: Flowers from Safeway?

• edited December 2011

I think they might, my hubby works for Frys Marketplace and they might be making ours. I don't know if they do it all the time or if they are doing it as a favor for him. But I would think they would do it all the time seeing as how they do it for like prom? Hmmm, call and ask. Maybe you can pay for a sample? Or the florist can show you what they look like??

• edited December 2011
    I have had 3 friends get their flowers from safeway for their weddings.  Each one used a different location, but each of them were very happy with their decision and stated that they were very affordable.  Each of them recommended that I look into using Safeway for my flowers.  So, I guess that is a good thing!  From what they told me each of them had to pick them up on the day of the wedding.  I am not sure if that would be an issue for you.  
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting ours from Sam's Club.  We chose Sam's, because they had the best prices for our particular flowers.  You might also want to look into freshroses.com,
    fiftyflowers.com and Costco.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Costco and some of the web sites I've seen suggested on here. Nilla, did you get to choose your arrangements from Sam's? Or are you doing it sort of DIY? None of the flowers at Costco, for example, were really my colors so I'm just curious if you can have as much control as you would with a typical florist.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd go to Costco, they are really cheap and have almost every color rose.  You are also able to place an order. Good luck!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing them myself.  I chose really simple centerpieces to make it easy to do.  The centerpieces will be loose hydrangeas arranged in a vase with river stones at the bottom.  The bouquets will be a mixture of white hydrangeas and roses, also really simple to arrange.

I was tempted by their already made bouquets!  They would have saved me a lot of time....
    Photobucket
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl I work with had Safeway do her flowers and she loved them. I don't have any experience with them myself though?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I haven't thought about safeway - but may have to look into this.  I was also considering AJ's as a cheaper option?

How far out have people booked their flowers?  I havent' even thought of this much!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your wedding date, and if it's around any major flower holidays.  Sam's Club requests that you order them a few weeks ahead.  I would imagine that you would order farther in advance for AJ's or Safeway.
    Photobucket
  • orexismmiiorexismmii member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Fry's and they did a wonderful job!  My only regret is not being able to enjoy my bouquet longer before leaving for the honeymoon.  By the time we got back, they were dried out. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend got flowers from Safeway for her wedding.  She ordered them in advanced, but the day she went to pick them up, the gal did not have them ready.  In fact they forgot to order them alltogether.  Safeway did throw together a bunch of flowers at the last minute and they did turn out ok, but they were not what she wanted.  Make sure if you use them you follow up! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely think it's worth looking into.  I'm getting mine from Trader Joe's (lovely irises, $3.99 for 10) and my girls and I will bind them the night before.  We'd already planned on doing a girls' night/sleepover that night, anyway, so now we'll have something to do.  :-)  I definitely think flowers is an easy place to cut costs.  I think it's nuts to pay thousands of dollars for a florist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards