Snarky Brides

flameable confessions?

Let's confess things we know are terrible for the amusement of the group, shall we?

Re: flameable confessions?

• This is horrible. 

My little sis is engaged and started trying on wedding dresses yesterday. She loved a gorgeous, expensive, incredible dress. I am trying really hard not to compare our rings, dresses, etc. It is hard not to! She isn't getting married for a couple of years so I have time to get the eff over myself.

Also, I totally judge one of my friends who just got married. She had a three layer cake with only one layer of real cake. The other two were styrofoam that was just frosted and then they served costco cake. Their real cake was just funfetti cake. I don't see how the fake cakes saved money and I think they are dumb. Flame away, I don't get that trend.
  • I think you guys would be really surprised at how vain I actually am.  I think I see myself in the mirror differently than I do in pictures or videos.  I could stare at myself in the mirror all the damn day long. 
    panther
  • I am too prideful to let the grudge I have agaisnt FSIL go right now.  I know logically I should probably get over it, but when I think about her, I want to punch her in the throat.
    imageVacation
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:5e457dd4-9ef5-4608-8438-8b3e7b8e9d59">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>This is horrible.  My little sis is engaged and started trying on wedding dresses yesterday. She loved a gorgeous, expensive, incredible dress. I am trying really hard not to compare our rings, dresses, etc. It is hard not to! She isn't getting married for a couple of years so I have time to get the eff over myself.</strong> Also, I totally judge one of my friends who just got married. She had a three layer cake with only one layer of real cake. The other two were styrofoam that was just frosted and then they served costco cake. Their real cake was just funfetti cake. I don't see how the fake cakes saved money and I think they are dumb. Flame away, I don't get that trend.
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

...I can kinda relate to that.  Check this: I was excited my younger sister got married before I did.  Our entire lives I've always done things first because I'm older and then this chick would come along and get to do it better.  My wedding was way better than hers.  I always joked during planning that I was glad her wedding was the "beta test" for wedding planning in our family and that I'd totally plan a better wedding than she did.  I said it in a joking tone but I was pretty much serious.

Yeah.  I'm an ass.
    panther
  • There are a select few people in my life that I don't think I could ever be happy for nor matter what the circumstance was.  Also, with same select few I don't think I would be super upset if life turned upside down or didn't go their way.  

This is horrible and honestly I flame myself for this, but it's true.  I need to just grow the eff up. For real yo.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I blew through my entire bonus this past weekend on a small amount of practical things but mostly food and booze for adam and I. No wonder I'm fat.
  • Oh and ps on the cardboard cakes - my sister's cake was ALL cardboard.  It was just for decor.  They served sheet cake.  The fake cake is still sitting in my parent's garage.
    panther
  • I hope a CW doesn't win a transformation challenge at their bootcamp. It is all they talk about to EVERYONE at work. Including vendors and clients. They even send email updates to the entire company to go along with a sign on their door with their pounds lost for the week.
  • One of my bosses lost a ton of weight and is now getting back in the habit of eating things that are bad for him.  He is a jerk, and I hope he gains it all back.  This is definitely flame worthy.
    imageVacation
  • AATB-I hear ya. I am really competitive and my sister is just 17 months younger so we've always had a silent (mostly) competition with each other. I never used to feel like I was losing until the past year or so. She has way better clothes than I do, a huge ring (though I love my ring and I am secretly pleased her FI is still paying hers off while my H bought mine outright), expensive tastes. I love my sis to death but I tell ya I have a hard time not getting jealous. 

Reading this I realize how immature I sound. Embarrassing.
  • AATB, now you have me thinking of when FSIL gets married.  I already know her's will be superawesomeflippinfantastically better than mine and the thought of that makes me rageful.  God, I DO need to get over myself.  Or take a Xanax and chill out.
  • I let a friendship go a couple years ago, and I completely judge her wedding.  She had to cancel because her H joined the military, so they did the JOP.  That was last year.  They just got married again - not a vow renewal, just the PPD.  I feel completely justified in letting the friendship go after seeing how terrible she looked in her dress and how tacky her entire wedding is.  Flame away.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm upset I didn't say anything to my friend at dinner last night.  She is currently 20 weeks pregnant, and we were out with our other friend who is planning her wedding.  This other friend has CF and was talking about all this medical and health stuff she has to do before she can start trying to get pregnant.  That led to conversations about how hard it is for some women to get pregnant, and my pregly friend went on and on about how "I think you just need to relax, and then it will happen.  I got pregnant on my first cycle after I went off the pill."  Okay, Fertile Myrtle, it doesn't always work that way.  I'm annoyed I didn't say something.
    panther
  • As much as back problems suck, I kind of wish mine wasn't getting better so I'd have a reason not to go to a family reunion this Sunday. 

Also, the amount of money I spend on smokes and wine each month could easily cover a bill or two yet I won't give up either yet. 
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm going to be (not so) secretly happy if a certain marriage fails.  Uppity, judgey, holier-than-thou attitude needs to be brought down a few pegs.  My marriage is not less important than yours simply because it's my second, buddy.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:048d9153-3d49-4038-ba10-e29f58bd9789">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB-I hear ya. I am really competitive and my sister is just 17 months younger so we've always had a silent (mostly) competition with each other. I never used to feel like I was losing until the past year or so. She has way better clothes than I do, a huge ring (though I love my ring and I am secretly pleased her FI is still paying hers off while my H bought mine outright), expensive tastes. I love my sis to death but I tell ya I have a hard time not getting jealous.  Reading this I realize how immature I sound. Embarrassing.

My sister and her H remodeled an old farmhouse and they are now living in one of the most gorgeous houses I've ever seen.  I hate her for it.  I mean, I'm sure the mortgage payments are really fun, but it busts my balls that we are still renting and they have an awesome (I do mean AWESOME) house, especially since my sister doesn't work and my dad signs her H's paychecks.  Pretty sure he got a raise when she quit her job, too.  I feel like... they have <em>no idea</em> how the real world operates.

It's weird because I am happy for them, but I also really think they suck.  Lol.
    panther
  • It makes me feel bad for thinking and feeling this way but I feel great that I have my shiiit together better than most of my members. Don't get me wrong I hate that their children suffer or will suffer but I am glad I have it together for the most part.

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    We found out adams brothers gf is pregnant and neither of us have said anything in the way of congrats. We really just do not care about his family of their brats. It fills me with such glee knowing how little he cares about talking to/visiting his family cause I cannot stand them.
  • I don't know how flammable it is, but I realized recently that I am just not a very nice person. I have my moments, I guess, but I'm not friendly at all. I suck in social situations (like, it doesn't even occur to me to ask how someone is doing unless I'm asked first, as someone pointed out to me) and I don't like company. People making stupid jokes for the sake of conversation annoys me, and I don't like being expected to chit chat first thing in the morning when I get to work.

So. I am a terrible, unfriendly person. I should be a hermit.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    And I'm happy that two CWs are gaining back the weight they lost using foolish methods. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Okay, truly awful.

Out of my group of about 8 girlfriends I've grown up with (including my sister), only my sister and I have or are pursuing 4 year degrees. Our other friends are either married, stay-at-home moms, or working at jobs they hate. Their SOs are primarily construction workers without degrees of any kind as well. 

They judge my sister and I for getting an education because they think a woman's place is the home, taking care of kids and doing the housework (unless it's a 'manly' chore like mowing the lawn). But my sister and I wonder-what are they going to do if the construction market dips again? Or when their SOs get injured and can't work? I know college isn't for everyone but the fact all of them have decided it's a waste of time and money shocks me. I judge them for it. 

• I am more competitive with my sister than she is with me.  She is four years younger and I have worked my ass off to make sure I graduate college before her. She dropped out and I was secretly glad.  She was going for Pharmacy and I hated that she was 'showing me up'.  Ridiculous.
    imageVacation
  • I'm furious that my little brother is joining the military, simply because it's exactly what my mother wanted both of us to do.  So, because I took a cushy job after working my assss off to figure out what I wanted after college, he's considering dropping out to join the military.  And he'll still be the favorite
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just realize that I am jealous, and I am one unpleasant ahole a lot of the time.  I blame being an only child and getting all of the attention growing up.  Everyone else can suck it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:369592ae-56b4-474a-8a9e-498f48145f71">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, truly awful. Out of my group of about 8 girlfriends I've grown up with (including my sister), only my sister and I have or are pursuing 4 year degrees. Our other friends are either married, stay-at-home moms, or working at jobs they hate. Their SOs are primarily construction workers without degrees of any kind as well.  <strong>They judge my sister and I for getting an education because they think a woman's place is the home, taking care of kids and doing the housework (unless it's a 'manly' chore like mowing the lawn).</strong> But my sister and I wonder-what are they going to do if the construction market dips again? Or when their SOs get injured and can't work? I know college isn't for everyone but the fact all of them have decided it's a waste of time and money shocks me. I judge them for it. 

I judge them too.  WTH?  No, college is not for everyone (myself included) but neither is being a SAHM so just do what's right for you and don't worry about everyone else.  And I really judge the "manly" chore thing...  Last I checked a penis isn't required equipment for mowing a lawn or taking out the trash. 
  • I am dreading H's BFF's wedding this weekend, because I have to be away from my kid 2 nights in a row. She is nothing but nice to me, but I can't stand to be around her for more than an hour because her personality makes me crazy. BUT, I kinda want to see the drama if she and her sister get into it again like they did at her b-party a couple weekends ago. It was certainly interesting, and I took her sister's side.

Also, this is her FI's 3rd wedding and she's talking about how they are so hurt that more of his family isn't coming. FFS, what makes you think they'd want to travel halfway across the country to see this? Given his track record, they probably think it won't last, or just arent' interested. I want to tell them this, but that would be mean. I did tell her sister this, and she agreed. 

And my kid eats puffs off the floor. If we gave him a bowl or a cup they'd end up on the floor anyway.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:775757ec-af33-4d3d-aaf8-da710f4601c4">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: flameable confessions? : I judge them too.  WTH?  No, college is not for everyone (myself included) but neither is being a SAHM so just do what's right for you and don't worry about everyone else.  <strong>And I really judge the "manly" chore thing...  Last I checked a penis isn't required equipment for mowing a lawn or taking out the trash.</strong> 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I am really growing apart from some of them. </div><div>
    </div><div>Once I was saying I wish H helped out with more chores because I do the majority. At least a couple of them said they think even if we are working equal amounts that I should do more of the cooking and cleaning because I am the wife. WTF?</div>
  • I would judge anyone right back who would judge me for working instead of being a SAHW/M.  I think it's great that women do it - my mom did - but yeah, it's not for everyone.  Especially since in many places one income just simply doesn't cut it.  I am proud of what I contribute to this household especially since my husband is only working part time right now.  Someday our situation may change and I'll be able to stay at home with kids but if that never happens working works great for me.
    panther
  • Sometimes I'm ashamed of what I do. I love teaching but especially since I don't have a full time job right now I'm getting down on myself. It's just frustrating when I'm out with FI and we're talking to someone new and they'll say ''so are you an engineer too?''. And then when I tell them that I'm a substitute teacher you can just see the judgement in their face. I'm a very intelligent person and I'm positive if I wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer or something like that I could have been successful. But I love kids teaching so here I am. Just frustrating.
    June 16, 2012
  • I secretly love it when my daughter-in-law tell us we are the only grandparents they would trust with the baby and the only ones healthy enough. Her mother is getting bigger by the minute and wont even Skype with them. And we seem to be the only g-parents that take a real interest in her. I feel sorry for my DIL that she feels kind of alone because of it.

And Sere, I love it when women get like that, they are the first to have their husband leave them and they have nothing to fall back on. Judge away!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards