Georgia-Atlanta

In desperate search of an affordable wedding venue

My fiance and I live in Macon and are looking for a near by venue to hold both our ceremony and reception at.  We're paying for the wedding ourselves and are on a very restrictive budget so we've decided to cap our guest list at seventy and are looking to have a cocktail reception with finger foods and cake to help cut costs as well. My problem is that every venue we go to look at won't allow us to bring in our own food, and caterering certainly isn't in the budget, or the venue costs well over $2000.00, which we can't afford either. This is a pretty restrictive list, but any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: In desperate search of an affordable wedding venue

• This is gonna sound a bit strange but you can check your parks and Rec department for city. In my town there was a nice church that moved and the city bought the building and rents it out and it's not that expensive. I live in Valdosta,ga and the city has a couple of buildings they rent out frequently for weddings...
  • We are using Roswell River Landing in Roswell,GA. It is $900 to rent from 8am-2am. It is totally DIY-which freaked me out a little, but once you get friends and family to help-it almost seems easy! It has a great outdoor area right on the river for the ceremony if you want-and a nice indoor area for the reception. They provide tables and chairs for inside and outside, but you can control everything else.
  • Check out the daughtry house in commerce. My friend was quoted 5k for venue, photogbraphy and flowers.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_in-desperate-search-of-an-affordable-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:d6e6975a-8763-4620-804f-e5dcefd6d908Post:38d2780e-dea8-46be-b716-e2a3376f74cc">In desperate search of an affordable wedding venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I live in Macon and are looking for a near by venue to hold both our ceremony and reception at.  We're paying for the wedding ourselves and are on a very restrictive budget so we've decided to cap our guest list at seventy and are looking to have a cocktail reception with finger foods and cake to help cut costs as well. My problem is that every venue we go to look at won't allow us to bring in our own food, and caterering certainly isn't in the budget, or the venue costs well over $2000.00, which we can't afford either. This is a pretty restrictive list, but any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Posted by msswanner[/QUOTE]
  • I agree with the PP who recommended checking with your county's Parks and Rec department. We live in Gwinnett and are using the Gwinett Historic Courthouse in Lawrenceville. They have county resident rates and it is VERY affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards