Florida-North Florida

Oakleaf Plantation

I just returned from a trip to Jax, FL. I think my fiancé and I have chosen Oakleaf Plantation in Orange Park, FL as our wedding and reception venue. Has anyone used this venue or attended a wedding there?

This is a destination wedding for me so any advice  pros/cons are  appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Oakleaf Plantation

• edited December 2011
    Can you rent that out without being a resident? We bought in this neighborhood - and when we checked it out they had asked us if we were residents in the neighborhood- which we are. I would double check on that before anything else.

As far as weddings go - I know it's pretty popular, I've seen quite a few weddings going on up there. I do know you are responsible to setup/clean up afterwards. Also your time for that venue (4 hours + w/e additional time you are wanting) includes set up/clean up. I would try to find a caterer who can do this for you because that's the last thing any bride should be doing on her day.

If there is anything I can help with - please let me know I live like 2 miles from there and I will do my best. I can't offer any catering advice/suggestions since my venue provides all of that - I will say Oakleaf did inform us that your caterer must have an alchohol license/insurance if you plan on drinking there.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your response. You can rent it if you're not a resident but I have  friend that lives in Oakleaf, also. My future sister-in-law will be doing the catering because my fiance is Nigerian and he wants traditional foods. We won't be serving alcohol because neither one of use drinks and most of family and friends don't either.

If you have any suggestions on where to rent linens/chairs that would be great! Thanks!
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It is a lot smaller inside than it appears on the outside, so definitely consider how many guests you are expecting and take that into consideration. But it is beautiful, and has great photo ops

• Thanks! I was able to see the pictures. It really is a beautiful location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards