Maryland

Plus size dress shopping

As any plus size lady knows the horrors of shopping for a plus size anything really. Alot of shops don't carry sample sizes for us. I'm wondering if anyone knows any plus size dress shops in or around Maryland. I know of one Plus size Couture, but they're price range is out of my budget. At this current moment i'm a size 22 but i'm working towards my goal of being a 16 before my wedding. THanks in advance for any help!

Re: Plus size dress shopping

• I second davids bridal, you can also try alfred angelo. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • When I was shopping, Betsey Robinson in pikesville had a decent selection of gowns in the 16-18 range. You may not be able to get totally zipped up, but you'll at least get a much better sens of how they would look than if you tried on a size 10. Also, Curvaceous Couture may be out of your range, but it never hurts to see what they have as a sample sale. I got my dress as a sample for $1350 and I was thrilled with the service I received there.
  • I went to David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo and had a large selection to choose from with plenty of samples in my size (we're about the same size).  I also went to Cameo Bridal in Glen Burnie and they had some plus size samples though not many.

I bought my dress at David's and absolutely loved it.
  • edited August 2012
    I got my dress from K&B bridal and event planning on main street in Bel Air...the sample dress I tried on was an 18 or 20. Not a huge shop but they definitely had some plus size options. My dress was a plus size dress and cost with a veil and taxes approx.  $1200.
  • Alex3003Alex3003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Plus size dress shopping:

Please contact us at iCON Bridal we have affordable plus size gowns at no additional charge.
    Phone #: 301-355-4741
    Email: icon@iconbridalformal.com
    Ask for Connie! Hope to hear from you soon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards