Ohio-Cleveland

Marriage license

Does anyone know how long it takes after the ceremony to receive your marriage license?
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Marriage license

• HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you need to get your marriage license before the ceremony...? What county are you getting married in? There should be information about this on the city or county website.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • edited December 2011
    You must obtain your marriage license prior to actually getting married. Right after the ceremony, the officiant and witnesses will sign it. Then, I believe,  Officiant then has to mail it back to the court (or office it was issued from) and you are mailed a free copy of the marriage certificate. The marriage certificate is what you need to submit to various agencies to change your name. 

So, in your question, I assume you're referring to the marriage certificate. I have no idea how long it would take for you to receive it. But you should ask your officiant to mail it out ASAP, or you can do it yourself. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards