Wedding Reception Forum

Reception 1 year later?

How should i plan a reception a year later? We were married with just parents, g-parents and siblings (plus a few crashers).  My husband fell ill and we just didnt want to wait to be married so we had a small quick wedding. Now I still have a gorgeous wedding dress that hasnt been worn and we want a "real" wedding.
Any ideas?

Re: Reception 1 year later?

• Do a vow renewal and you can wear your wedding dress.  You could do the renewal at the same site as your reception possibly.
  • Honestly, I wouldn't attend a year later.  2 weeks or a month after would be my max. Otherwise I would deline the invitation.
  • Agreed with PPs - call it a vow renewal, if anything.  Don't call it a reception.  And even then, I would say don't register or expect presents.  
  • Why didn't you wear your beautiful wedding dress when you got married?

A reception or vow renewal a year after you got married seems very attention-whorish to me.
  • it doesnt even havt to be a renewal, you have just have the reception, wear your dress, have cake and food, maybe show a slide show of the small wedding you did have. but why does it have to he a year apart?
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • Victoria, I'm assuming (I could be wrong) that it has now been a year since the wedding.  Maybe it took her husband that long to recover/took them that long to recover financially?  Anyway, I'm thinking it's already been a year.

• You do exactly what you want to do. Wear that pretty dress! Eat the cake! You're not being an "attention whore." You're celebrating your marriage the way you want to. Just like all the other ladies on here. And who wouldn't want to attend a party! Pfh, I'd go to someones reception a year later, it really wouldn't offend me. 

You could have a lot of fun planning it, since I guess you're already breaking a lot of etiquette rules (not to me, but from the responses maybe?). I would register actually, but I'd stick to the etiquette of not telling anyone till asked. Some people will insist on buying you a present (I would) and you aren't going to want to return 7 toasters. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards