Not Engaged Yet

Removed

This Post had been removed by Poster

Re: Removed

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:53a1d8aa-1791-499d-9ce4-1b5a52508b3f">Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe in rather traditional rolls so cooking, cleaning & sewing.
    Posted by Candie0525[/QUOTE]
    Traditional rolls? I make good sourdough rolls. I guess those are pretty traditional.

• In Response to Re:Tucked away in the closet!:[QUOTE]In Response to Tucked away in the closet!:I believe in rather traditional rolls so cooking, cleaning amp; sewing. Posted by Candie0525Traditional rolls? I make good sourdough rolls. I guess those are pretty traditional. Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Lol! I was thinking food too! I think the word your looking for is Role. My question for OP is how do you know you won't fight as you did before? You do realize marriage is tough and if you almost broke up before from fighting you may not be emotionally ready for a marriage.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:c6137815-b7d2-4519-9ec0-b67c322eea5c">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tucked away in the closet! : Traditional rolls? I make good sourdough rolls. I guess those are pretty traditional.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty good at making gluten free rolls, so I guess I am far from traditional.

OP - So, you were engaged once before at what age? You started dating him at 19 got engaged sometime between then and now, I assume without a ring - or with a ring you returned- called it off <u><strong><em>due</em></strong></u> to the fact you two were fighting, but are going to get engaged now "for good". Did you plan on calling off the first engagement, or was that one suppose to be "for good" too?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I say all the power to you, hopefully your wiser & more mature than before. best wishes
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I scrolled down looking for more. Well, congrats on getting the ring! Now just be patient and live life like normal and let him propose when he's comfortable with it. 

I've never tried making rolls. But I like cookies. Does that count?
  • edited June 2012
    I detect a hint of snark in the previous post @LilTexas. Age and circumstance should not matter, nor is it your business. They did the MOST adult thing, and realized they needed to wait- no harm done. And even if you believe it was a mistake that time around and this one, that is for THEM to figure out, not for you to shove your opinions down the poor girl's throat. This board is for inter-bridal emotional support, and your response hardly sounds supportive, to say the least.

Anyway @Candie, marriage is a life-altering committment, whether you're 21 or 51. Don't let anyone hold your age over your head. You may be one of the lucky few to have found "the one" early in life. None of us have any way of knowing that, and have no right to take away from your moment.

With that said, CONGRATS! My fiance and I are pretty young as well, and did the same thing. We talked about marriage for months before deciding it was the right thing for us, and after deciding that it is, he took me to pick out my engagement ring. Now I'm not too traditional, but my family is... So if anyone asks- he picked it! :P

*Edit: I showed him ring styles I liked, but I fell in LOVE with one in particular. Needless to say he went back for it, and suprised the heck out of me with his sneaky beach proposal in the sand. I tried to snoop around and be nosy, and drop hints about what I wanted, but he wasn't having it. Let him do things in his own way, in his own time.
  • Good thing you brought your snark detector, otherwise it would have gone unnoticed. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:35d6c4fd-7df7-4313-80b2-ad15e61c842b">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good thing you brought your snark detector, otherwise it would have gone unnoticed. 
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

I thought I was being super sneaky there, but darn I got caught! Aw shucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:bb58de9e-3fe6-4aea-b279-c4550c942d16">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tucked away in the closet! : I thought I was being super sneaky there, but darn I got caught! Aw shucks.
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

<div>I have officially revoked your snark license. Now kindly get the fvck out and make some traditional rolls</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:4dbf0cf6-c3b2-4bdd-9cdf-d0ec8d8a54a8">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tucked away in the closet! : I have officially revoked your snark license. Now kindly get the fvck out and make some traditional rolls

But, but, but... I can't make traditional rolls. And my snark license... *dramatic pause* NOOOOOOO! *raises fists into the sky*
  • Lmfao, I get the point you were trying to make about being ready again the second time around. I just resented the fact that you implied it had to do with her age. I know plenty of couples that got married in their early 20's who FAILED because neither of them had their own solid identity or maturity formed, and several others who are STILL together because they knew what they wanted out of life, how to compromise, and more importantly took their vows seriously.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:490f1031-5a2d-447c-948e-f4752a4f64ad">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE] But I like cookies. Does that count?

<div>Cookies are delicious and very traditional. I'd like to say this "counts," but I want to know what kind first!</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I understand her opinion is valid, and likely based on what she believes is best for the situation. I didn't say I disagreed, or that she didn't have a right to said opinion. I cautioned the OP to not let it get to her just because of her age. As a fellow young bride, I can sympathize with people frowning on my decision. Unbeknownst to most passersby, I make more than the average person my age, and have been through plenty with my FH, but more importantly have my own identity without him.

Also, my "ONE other post" is in no way indicative of my all-around effort to support those here on TK. My "ONE other post" is the result of creating a new account due to dealings with a fraudulent vendor. I'm not new here sweetheart, I'm BACK. Sit down and take a seat.
  • What an aggressive group!
    I don't even remember what the first post was about.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:81259858-fc8d-4e6d-afe9-4cc6d4993ed0">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tucked away in the closet! : I'm pretty good at making gluten free rolls, so I guess I am far from traditional.
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]
    Phbt, my sourdough rolls ARE gluten free, tyvm~

• In Response to Re:Tucked away in the closet!:[QUOTE]I understand her opinion is valid, and likely based on what she believes is best for the situation. I didn't say I disagreed, or that she didn't have a right to said opinion. I cautioned the OP to not let it get to her just because of her age. As a fellow young bride, I can sympathize with people frowning on my decision. Unbeknownst to most passersby, I make more than the average person my age, and have been through plenty with my FH, but more importantly have my own identity without him.Also, my "ONE other post" is in no way indicative of my allaround effort to support those here on TK.nbsp;My "ONE other post" is the result of creating a new account due to dealings with a fraudulent vendor. I'm not new here sweetheart, I'm BACK. Sit down and take a seat. Posted by ShoreThing14[/QUOTE]

Hold the phone, guys. She makes more money than other people her age.

How the fuckk is that even relevant?

• Texas & Lamarrs you guys are so funny I'm dying over here. And now I want a roll.

Is it silly that I'm bothered by the fact that she only works part time so the rest of the time she can spend cooking and sewing for her BF?

• Because most people assosciate people in their early 20's with failed relationships, dead-end jobs, blowing money, and binge drinking. My point wasn't that I make more, my point was that anyone can make anything of themselves, regardless of age. If Candie and her not-boyfriend want to try again and get married for real this time, who the hell are y'all to question it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:00662360-4b00-458a-a504-fb000a359807">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because most people assosciate people in their early 20's with failed relationships, dead-end jobs, blowing money, and binge drinking. My point wasn't that I make more, my point was that anyone can make anything of themselves, regardless of age. If Candie and her not-boyfriend want to try again and get married for real this time, who the hell are y'all to question it?
    Posted by ShoreThing14[/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

• In Response to Re:Tucked away in the closet!:[QUOTE]I understand her opinion is valid, and likely based on what she believes is best for the situation. I didn't say I disagreed, or that she didn't have a right to said opinion. I cautioned the OP to not let it get to her just because of her age. As a fellow young bride, I can sympathize with people frowning on my decision. Unbeknownst to most passersby, I make more than the average person my age, and have been through plenty with my FH, but more importantly have my own identity without him.Also, my "ONE other post" is in no way indicative of my allaround effort to support those here on TK.nbsp;My "ONE other post" is the result of creating a new account due to dealings with a fraudulent vendor. I'm not new here sweetheart, I'm BACK. Sit down and take a seat. Posted by ShoreThing14[/QUOTE] does that mean you make 8.75 an hour instead of 8.25?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hah! 8.75 was so high school.

When you work hard, and keep up your reputation, good things happen. I don't believe good things come to those who wait, I believe great things happen to those who bust their ass.

Try it.
  • Buggle - I love you!

Ahstillwell - Oooh can I get your recipe. I am totally serious!

Leese - I have some rolls. I'm willing to share. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:1c34fae1-ddb7-4c6a-a92f-75ae3c143986">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tucked away in the closet! : Because OP and her BF got started dating, engaged, broke up, and got engaged within the span of 2 years. That's worthy of concern about the stability of the relationship REGARDLESS of age, and the fact that the OP is 21 makes it a red flag. Step off your high horse and listen to some logic.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

Ahh I was trying to figure out how to say this but I am watching Big Bang Theory and my train of thought keeps getting interrupted. So thank you for saying what I was trying to say.
  • Thanks Texas!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:b01bece0-f71f-4d02-b0f5-98bf51c345f0">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hah! 8.75 was so high school. When you work hard, and keep up your reputation, good things happen. I don't believe good things come to those who wait, I believe great things happen to those who bust their ass. Try it.

Isn't it past your bedtime or something?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:ba732484-9526-45e6-ab6b-c5bec971fe4a">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tucked away in the closet! : Isn't it past your bedtime or something?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I detect a hint of snark... *giggle snort*
  • Ah, figures the one from Jersey is the one questioning my work ethic. Here's some basic math honey.

Sit on your ass + Wait for things to happen for you + Live on Daddy's dime = Go nowhere

Get off your ass + Make a name for yourself + Work hard = An honest living that pays off

Can't wait to retire early while the rest of my peers are trying to figure out what knocked 'em in the rear.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:bcd22e76-cfd8-449d-a702-74c1dab3291e">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, figures the one from Jersey is the one questioning my work ethic. Here's some basic math honey. Sit on your ass + Wait for things to happen for you + Live on Daddy's dime = Go nowhere Get off your ass + Make a name for yourself + Work hard = An honest living that pays off Can't wait to retire early while the rest of my peers are trying to figure out what knocked 'em in the rear.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure nobody here GAF about you or your "work ethic". Thanks for the "advice", though.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to hit the gym, go tanning, and do my laundry. With my mafia family, no less!

• Oh ma gah someone is shitting in a trashcan in the middle of the room.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tucked-away-in-the-closet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8479f415-cebe-4ed5-9ff3-270addfb59c7Post:bcd22e76-cfd8-449d-a702-74c1dab3291e">Re: Tucked away in the closet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, figures the one from Jersey is the one questioning my work ethic. Here's some basic math honey. Sit on your ass + Wait for things to happen for you + Live on Daddy's dime = Go nowhere Get off your ass + Make a name for yourself + Work hard = An honest living that pays off Can't wait to retire early while the rest of my peers are trying to figure out what knocked 'em in the rear.

So, you think you're a special snowflake who works harder than all of us lazy asses?

Oh, and you forgot to add that you feel sorry for all of our husbands, fiances, and boyfriends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards