Honeymoon Discussions

What to pack for Ireland?

We're going to Ireland for a week in March for our honeymoon.  I know what kind of clothes to take, but what about the converters for outlets, or any other travel tips?  Cell phones? 

Anyone have a good checklist for international travel?

Re: What to pack for Ireland?

• You will need a converter for outlets, like you said, and if you plan to take any electronics, make sure that they can deal with the voltage conversion (like your hairdryer should have a setting that switches it).  If your cell phone is not already equipped for travel within Europe, it probably won't work because they use a different sim card system over there.

Other things to bring- a big pashmina for the plane, comfortable walking shoes, luggage locks.  Keep an extra copy of your passport and other travel documents with you just in case.  If you've been to a country with a yellow fever risk in the past couple years, you may need your immunization record.  Also take any important contact phone numbers with you in case of emergency.  Notify your credit card company of where you will be traveling so they don't assume your card was stolen and put a hold on it.  Keep any prescriptions in your carry-on luggage.

Hope this helps!  Have a great trip.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • You should check with your cell phone company to see if your phone will work internationally - there are also cell phones you can rent for international travel, but for just a week and staying in one country, I wouldn't mess with it.  I second the rain coat suggestion, and possibly one that has a hood so if its windy you don't have to mess with an umbrella, just keep your head covered.  Rainboots, or at least several pairs of shoes so they have time to dry out, is also a good idea.  On the converter, I can't remember what Ireland's outlets were, but any good brand of outlet converter will tell you what country it works in.    In my experience, things in Ireland were pretty casual - there are nice restaurants, of course, but we felt pretty comfortable with jeans and sweaters everywhere we went - I know you didn't really have questions about clothes, just saying don't worry about too many fancy things.  Ireland is BEAUTIFUL and everyone is very warm and helpful, so once you get there don't be afraid to ask for help or advice.
    imageimage
  • Thanks so much for the advice!  I can't wait to get there!  I think I'm going to go look for some cute "wellies" to take with!  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards