Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Working with new wedding photographer

I recently found this photographer who's work is really good. This photographer has only shot 2 weddings so far. Should I take a chance on hiring this new photographer? Has anyone ever heard of him or seen his work? 
His website is:     iamvictorrosas.com 

Please let me know what you think.
Thank You!

Re: Working with new wedding photographer

• drphotodrphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took a look at the site and I like what he's showing, however, there are signs that he still has quite a bit to learn.  Take a look at Brian Mullins, Sam Hassas and Tony Hoffer.  They're not world class photographers but they're darn good.  You'll instantly see the difference between a novice and these guys.  If not, check into how much back up equipment he has, have him bring a PROFESSIONAL second shooter and keep your fingers crossed.

All the best,
    Corey Schwartz
    www.desertridgephotography.com
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't get the website to load.  Personally there is no way I would trust my wedding on someone so new.  If you'd like to visit us on the DFW board, we have lots of budget-friendly photographers that are tried and true that we could suggest.
  • lana2007lana2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you meet with him and see his complete work for a wedding and you are happy with it, I would say go for it. Make sure you aks him all the right questions and maybe even ask for the contact info of his other two brides. Wedding photographers have to start somewhere. And if he has previous photography expereince he knows how to use his camera. They are usually a great deal too. When I started I was shooting for free and delivering what others were charging $2000 for.

Lana
    www.lanarenee.com
    With love from Chile... I blog. Check it out here: www.lanarenee.com
  • edited December 2011
    We booked with Purus Wedding Studios this afternoon. The main photographer's name is Evan, and he was willing to meet us today even though he had a wedding this morning! We got our engagement session and full wedding coverage for under $2,000 since he is was offering 25% off all his packages.
    Check out his stuff: www.purusweddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards