Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

cake topper?

So I am getting married in 16 days and we still don't have a cake topper, I had my heart set on  dolphins kissing that looked like a heart but can't find that anywhere, that I like. 

What are you doing?  I know I don't wanna do the monoogram, or flowers but curious as to what everyone elses' looks like?

Re: cake topper?

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a monogram, but have you checked Etsy for someone who could make you a custom dolphin topper?
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a monogram that i found online for $8
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    This is so funny- but you should call The Gay Dolphin in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's one of the most ridiculous beach stores in the world, but they literally have any piece of crap thing you'd want (or so it seems). They also have a LOT of dolphin themed pieces. Not sure if you could even order it in time, but it's a shot in the dark.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're just going to put some flowers on top.

I just LOL'd at The Gay Dolphin. It's really named that?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes its really named that! I was in Myrtle Beach SC this summer and went there. It is a huge gift shop and they have tons of stuff. I guess you could call them to see if they have anything like that. I dont remember seeing anything like it but I wasnt looking wedding stuff at that time. Good Luck! I hope you find what you are looking for.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • edited December 2011
    If you live near a beach town, just go to the touristy shops and start looking. That would be my best guess. I live on Cape Cod and I've seen stuff like that everywhere.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-topper-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:6252abd9-0d81-4813-94be-e797673f5788Post:b8d8bf7e-ecf8-4e92-805c-6471a3b89403">Re: cake topper?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we're just going to put some flowers on top. I just LOL'd at The Gay Dolphin. It's really named that?
    Posted by topchef33[/QUOTE]

Wow, I am amazed that store is still there. It has been there for years!
  • edited December 2011
    HAHAHA Yes- definitely a landmark in Myrtle Beach!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards