North Carolina

Videographer/DJ in Charlotte

Happy Holidays, all!  My goal during my two weeks off work this holiday season is to check some things off the wedding checklist!   

I booked my photographer a couple days ago, and now I'm wondering if I should get a videographer.  I think it would be great to have a videographer to capture some of the moments we'll want to watch back again and again, but I definitely don't have it in my budget to do something fancy.  Are there any videographers that anyone would recommend in Charlotte for under $1000, or should I start recruiting family members to man the camcorder and sacrifice the quality? 

Also, looking for recommendations for a DJ in Charlotte as well.  Looking for someone that's not too expensive, will keep the party rolling, and won't play music on the "Do not play' list!

Thanks!
Megan

Re: Videographer/DJ in Charlotte

• edited December 2011
    All the Right Grooves is a board fave! We are using Jill in May 2011. We also looked at Audio 2 Go, they were a little bit more expensive but came highly recommended from two of my girlfriends that got married in 2010.
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oops, that was for DJ- we haven't booked a videographer yet, but there are some lovely videos somewhere on the board! Again, you get what you pay for- you could probably find someone "a la carte" that can work with your budget. Good luck!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll second All the Right Grooves - we're using them in April.  Sorry I'm no help with the videographer though.
    Anniversary
  • jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read in a magazine that if budget is really an issue you could check a local art school.  Students and professors at art schools are really good and WAY cheaper!

Just an idea =)
  • edited December 2011
    For a DJ you could check out Chubby's Karaoke. They do weddings and private parties as well as karaoke. My FI (finance I believe, this is my first post) is friends with the owner and we go to their karaoke shows all the time.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used ATRG for our Oct. wedding and Jill was AWESOME.  She kept things moving and even dealt with an uncomfortable situation for me -- when FIL wanted to make a toast and open it up to others, she came and asked me what I wanted to do, and when I said heck no, we are not wasting time on other toasts, she went and told him for me so I didn't have to :)  The dance floor was packed, and they are unobtrusive and not obnoxious like some DJs.  She also did our ceremony music and it was great.
  • booboo122887booboo122887 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Charlotte Video Ventures. There are about 4 or 5 different packages but 2 of them are under $1000. Hope this helps!
    Anniversary
  • megan51528megan51528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to all of you for the great feedback!  All great leads on the DJs, and I love the idea of reaching out to the art schools for a videographer!!! 
  • CltBride2008CltBride2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BooBoo can you tell us any more about your videographer? I am also struggling with finding a videographer - I just want someone to film the ceremony and not charge me $1500! I dont want a full length feature film - just the 20 min ceremony people!!

I was DYING to use ATRG but of course they were booked - we went with Split Second Sound who has gotten rave reviews. I met with Vinny one of the owners and he was awesome. My only requirement - keep people on the dance floor! Our package is $675 which is the most basic but I think they can go up to $1000+
  • booboo122887booboo122887 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Charlotte Video Ventures is one of the least expensive videographers that I have found. I was a little nervousabout going with them because you always hear "you get what you pay for" but after meeting with him and looking at some of his work on his website, I was very comfortable with using him. You can go to google and type in Charlotte Video Ventures and it will bring you right to the website. There is also a listing of his prices and examples of his videos. All together our package will be $995 which isn't bad compared to what others are charging. Hope this helps!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards