North Carolina

New NC bride on the board. Help!

Hi all!  I'm new to the board and need some help if you wouldn't mind.  I really like this aisle runner (click here). All the personalized aisle runners I've found have been close to $200, so this was an exciting find!  I've spoken to the owner and she used the same runner for her wedding- it help up all night and her designs are awesome.  My problem is this- what colors do I use?  My wedding colors are navy and a dark yellow, so I was thinking a yellow J and navy names and wedding date.  What do you think?

Formerly TickledPinky287 1,967 posts
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New NC bride on the board. Help!

• crlewis803crlewis803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be pretty. A dark yellow would show up and it would stand out. I really like that runner!
    Anniversary
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Pretty! I'm not sure about the navy or yellow. What kind of floor would it be sitting on?

Could you do another accent color that you like?

I'm bad with colors. . I like the runner though!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be a little scared that the yellow would come out like a day-glow highlighter yellow.  You may have to go for a more orangey-golden color for the stencil to make it so you can see it.  You could also do yellow with navy border. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_new-nc-bride-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:fe828131-9b4b-47a2-b964-c7d24fd90ef0Post:efa072b3-eab9-48ca-a2b7-7a903f58b31d">Re: New NC bride on the board. Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be a little scared that the yellow would come out like a day-glow highlighter yellow.  You may have to go for a more orangey-golden color for the stencil to make it so you can see it.  You could also do yellow with navy border. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I think this is what I was trying to convey, but my brain refused to work this morning. :)
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_new-nc-bride-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:fe828131-9b4b-47a2-b964-c7d24fd90ef0Post:58d00676-cbf2-494e-8f81-60187604ee56">Re: New NC bride on the board. Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New NC bride on the board. Help! : I think this is what I was trying to convey, but my brain refused to work this morning. :)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Ha, I got ya ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_new-nc-bride-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:fe828131-9b4b-47a2-b964-c7d24fd90ef0Post:efa072b3-eab9-48ca-a2b7-7a903f58b31d">Re: New NC bride on the board. Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be a little scared that the yellow would come out like a day-glow highlighter yellow.  You may have to go for a more orangey-golden color for the stencil to make it so you can see it.  You could also do yellow with navy border. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

It would be a darker yellow, like an autumny yellow, not summery... if that makes sense.
    Formerly TickledPinky287 1,967 posts
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Would the seller be willing to send you like a swatch of the yellow and blue on a piece of isle? That way you could decide after seeing both colors on the material?

I always hate ordering something and then it being completely different than what I had thought it was.
  • edited December 2011
    My colors are navy and yellow, too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Also, there are a lot of brides on the DIY board that are making their own runners with their monogram. It doesn't seem very hard if you are feeling crafty and want to save a few bucks! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards