Chit Chat

Bride Freakout Moment

I was at work yesterday when I saw multiple fire trucks go flying by.  Then I started hearing people talk about a local park being on fire, happens to be the same park our ceremony is going to be at in a month.  So I start getting nervous, I contact my BMs, MOH, MIL, anyone I could to try to get information.  My dad calls me to calm me down and is like it is grass it will not burn.  I text my FI when he gets out of work and he was like this has no bearing on our situation and i responded what about the Chapel and he asked me if landscape really mattered...which caused me to respond no.  So today after my hair trial and dropping of FI at work I went to the park to see and there was no damage to the Chapel.  And no real damage I could see anywhere else.  so I ended up freaking out over nothing.

Re: Bride Freakout Moment

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bride-freakout-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1cf770c4-40d8-404a-bb93-9b69011aa459Post:8cbe4d5d-ec4c-4c66-a38d-7a92dd004bb1">Bride Freakout Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was at work yesterday when I saw multiple fire trucks go flying by.  Then I started hearing people talk about a local park being on fire, happens to be the same park our ceremony is going to be at in a month.  So I start getting nervous, I contact my BMs, MOH, MIL, anyone I could to try to get information.  <strong>My dad calls me to calm me down and is like it is grass it will not burn. </strong> I text my FI when he gets out of work and he was like this has no bearing on our situation and i responded what about the Chapel and he asked me if landscape really mattered...which caused me to respond no.  So today after my hair trial and dropping of FI at work I went to the park to see and there was no damage to the Chapel.  And no real damage I could see anywhere else.  so I ended up freaking out over nothing.
    Posted by amhill87[/QUOTE]
    Grass doesn't burn??
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • He asked if I ever tried to light a lawn on fire....I guess it doesnt burn as much or something.  But seeing it all today, green, has calmed me down.  FI even said he thinks the pictures would look cool with charred background.  I had a you didnt just say that moment.
  • Glad to hear nothing is damaged!
    I tend to freak out at random times and 99.9% it's over nothing. I'm learning to calm down and take advice from others when they say 'it'll be fine'.

Next time something happens, just take a couple of minutes to calm down and just know that as long as you're married at the end of the day, that's all that matters (granted not having a burnt down venue is a major bonus) :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, lesson is dont listen to the regulars at Dunkin Donuts saying you have to cancel the wedding due to the state park going up in flames.
  • I would have freaked out too..... Wedding planning is super stressful!  I'm glad everything worked out and your wedding venue is safe!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bride-freakout-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1cf770c4-40d8-404a-bb93-9b69011aa459Post:19a2e9dc-dbce-4365-b687-863ac3b1236b">Re: Bride Freakout Moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]He asked if I ever tried to light a lawn on fire....I guess it doesnt burn as much or something.  But seeing it all today, green, has calmed me down.  FI even said he thinks the pictures would look cool with charred background.  I had a you didnt just say that moment.
    Posted by amhill87[/QUOTE]
    Grass does burn but only if it is very dry (think of the west coast forest fires, they only burn because they are extremely dry/drought like to begin with).

Glad it worked out
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I'm sorry that you had a freak out moment.  I probably would have done the same thing..my heart would have been racing.  Thankfully everything is fine and hopefully nobody got hurt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Um, grass burns.  Especially dry grass.  Happens all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards