Honeymoon Discussions

Napa HM?

Has anyone gone on a Napa HM? Can you provide me some info on things to do and places to go? We are considering Napa since we have wanted to go and there seems to be a host of things to do. I did not want a typical beach honeymoon and have frequented many european destinations as alll my family (aside from mom and dad) are still over seas.

Any one been on the wine train? Any really scenic places? Resturants?

I am a sucker for views, and htought the hot air ballooning would be nice.

Re: Napa HM?

• Do the wine train. And if at all possible, have dinner the The French Laundry. It's the best restaurant in the US. (Not just according to me - according to Michelin and some other places.) You have to call them exactly 2 months in advance though, or go in person to get on a waiting list, because they book fast.

There are tons of companies that also do bus vineyard tours, so you can hit up 4-5 places in a day. Lunch is included in those too. You can also do private tours with limos or SUVs which is nice for a HM if you can swing it. I don't have specific recs, but check trip advisor for "Napa wine tours."
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Redd's is an excellent restaurant. Try the scallops.Laughing  At least one day, stop at a local market & pack a picnic. There are numerous places to stop all over. Some of the vineyards even have picnic benches.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards