Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Profile Event Center

I was wondering if anyone has had or has been to a wedding held at Profile? If so what kind of experience was it? Also if any one has oictures of a wedding held there I would love to see them.
Thank you so much.

Re: Profile Event Center

• I had my wedding there in the Diamond Hall this past May, and it was AMAZING. Seriously. They really know what they're doing there at the PEC. They have a very extensive list of questions to make sure everything is the way you want it, from the lighting and room decor, to the food and beverages, they really do a great job at making sure your wedding is exactly how you want it! They are also very good about special requests and needs, and they always responded to my email within hours. Also, it's an all inclusive, so there are no hidden fees, which I really liked. The only ouside vendors you would need would be a florist (although they do have an in house one you can use), and a DOC if you want one. Otherwise pretty much everything is handled in house.

We wanted more of a party feel rather than your traditional ballroom feel, and the PEC def does just that. We got so many compliments, and months later people still talk about how much fun they had at our wedding. If you do decide to have your wedding at the PEC, you will not be disappointed!

Mine is the 3rd one day, user name Mary. :)

A few pictures of our wedding day set up and details (the harvest table was moved off the dance floor after dinner. They got that thing moved in like 3 minutes flat, it was crazy fast!): If you want more pictures you can PM me :)

• I haven't had my wedding yet but that's where I'll be having mine! Like PP said, I want it to be more of a "party" atmosphere and with the lighting and everything, it definitely works! I went with the off season so my minimum is cheaper. Food pretty much will get us to the minimum. I've been impressed with how fast they do get back to you and how helpful they are.

As for vendors, it's a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it. You could probably do food/cake cheaper, but the prices really aren't too bad. When I booked, we only had the option of bringing in our own alcohol and bartender (or hiring one through them), but now they do have their own bar packages which is nice. They have an in house DJ which is pretty decently priced. I went with a friend instead but I've heard their DJs are good. They even have an "in house" photography company, though I decided to go with someone else (my photographer is cheaper and better quality IMO but theirs isn't bad).

Anyways, that's my experience so far! Looking forward to seeing what other PEC brides have to say, it's been a little while since it's come up I think :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I will be going to a wedding reception there in October! Can't wait to see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having ours there in November! So far it's been great! Like PP's have said they're always super responsive and accomidating.
  • I was at one last year there.  It was gorgeous! 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_profile-event-center-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:42b9bbb3-9122-4780-8677-1104342745f3Post:f3351984-4ca0-4483-ab84-45356b0659e7">Re: Profile Event Center</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my wedding there in the Diamond Hall this past May, and it was AMAZING. Seriously. They really know what they're doing there at the PEC. They have a very extensive list of questions to make sure everything is the way you want it, from the lighting and room decor, to the food and beverages, they really do a great job at making sure your wedding is exactly how you want it! They are also very good about special requests and needs, and they always responded to my email within hours. Also, it's an all inclusive, so there are no hidden fees, which I really liked. The only ouside vendors you would need would be a florist (although they do have an in house one you can use), and a DOC if you want one. Otherwise pretty much everything is handled in house. We wanted more of a party feel rather than your traditional ballroom feel, and the PEC def does just that. We got so many compliments, and months later people still talk about how much fun they had at our wedding. If you do decide to have your wedding at the PEC, you will not be disappointed! You can read my full review on Wedding Wire.  <a href="http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/profile-event-center-minneapolis/2d73ef1ea6148068.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/profile-event-center-minneapolis/2d73ef1ea6148068.html</a> Mine is the 3rd one day, user name Mary. :) A few pictures of our wedding day set up and details (the harvest table was moved off the dance floor after dinner. They got that thing moved in like 3 minutes flat, it was crazy fast!): If you want more pictures you can PM me :)  
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was touring PEC the day of your wedding.  I was also thinking purple and they were all set up with the purple lighting.  Heather even mentioned about how they had to play with the lighting a bit to get it just right, but that they will work with you to get the look you want.  I also remember liking (and wondering where the purple table squares came from) and your center pieces.  Small world.  :)</div><div>
    </div><div>We are having our wedding and reception there and we are very excited about it.  It is actually where FI and I met, when they used to rent out for other kinds of events.  

</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_profile-event-center-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:42b9bbb3-9122-4780-8677-1104342745f3Post:3428488e-e911-43e5-84fc-f9256a47500f">Re: Profile Event Center</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Profile Event Center : I was touring PEC the day of your wedding.  I was also thinking purple and they were all set up with the purple lighting.  Heather even mentioned about how they had to play with the lighting a bit to get it just right, but that they will work with you to get the look you want.  I also remember liking (and wondering where the purple table squares came from) and your center pieces.  Small world.  :) We are having our wedding and reception there and we are very excited about it.  It is actually where FI and I met, when they used to rent out for other kinds of events.  
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

<div>That's too funny! :) And how cool that it's where you and your FI met, I bet that made picking the venue a whole lot easier.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I was really really happy that Heather's assistant, Jill, called me to urge me to come in the Wednesday before the wedding to drop off the table squares and check out the lighting, because the lighting they called purple was super pink! Jill said she thought it was pink too and that's why she wanted me to look at it. I did theatre lighting in college so I knew all they needed to do was add blue gel to it to make it that dark purple, and it turned out perfect. They also were able to use my tree gobo, which being a theatre nerd I was really exited about. Every last detail was taken care of, and I just couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the compliments on our decor! I got the fabric for the table squares on sale at Joann Fabrics, and my mom was amazing and hemmed them all for me. And the purple sashes and napkins that they had matched almost perfectly with them. The centerpieces were a labor of love - foam bases covered in moss with spray painted manzanita branches, wood shaving roses and hanging candle holders. I would sell them to you but we brought them back to Philly with us for our Philly reception. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards