Arizona-Tucson

Tucson Dresses?

Hi Everyone. :) I was wondering where everyone gets their dresses from in Tucson. I'm not a Tucson native, and don't know of any wedding dress stores aside from david's bridal. Are there any places you ladies would recommend? Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Re: Tucson Dresses?

• edited December 2011
    I ended up going to a big shop in Phoenix so that I could try on specific dresses I was looking for.  Some shops in town, like A Tailor & Tuxedo, were really great, and had pretty dresses, but didn't have a lot of the specific gowns I wanted to try on.  If you're looking for something specific, you may have to go to Phoenix.  Otherwise, the smaller shops in Tucson are a good starting place.  A Tailor, as I mentioned, was great in terms of the sales people being helpful etc.  I've heard good things about Maya Palace as well.
  • dvanessdvaness member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at davids bridal, but I have also heard alot of good things about Maya Place.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help ladies. I will start at a taylor and maya's palace. I'm so indecisive, a big place like david's bridal intimidates me. haha I have found a designer I like, but unfortunately haven't found any shops in Tucson that sell his dresses. So I may look into Phoenix as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    Anything you do.. do NOT go to Katrinas on Prince road. Oh lord we had such a HORRIBLE experience there. Psycho angry korean woman... I walked in there when I was just starting to look, had barely just walked in the door she practically shoved me over on my way in. ( I didn't know she was working there at first) She asked us very rudely what we were looking for.. I simply stated i'm not to sure yet I was just wanting to look at a few dresses. She snaps at me and says "NO you no walk in here and not know what you want" "want you want".. at this point I look to my brother and say ok.. lets go. She then yells at us "You no walk around like it's walmart! This no walmart!" ....wow....
  • edited December 2011
    Undyingmizery, Omg that's horrible. I will definitely stay clear on that place. yikes.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my dress from Maya Palace on Broadway and Wilmot.  The staff is absolutely incredible.  Plus, if you like Maggie Sottero dresses, they have practically her whole collection.  I spent a few hours in there trying on dress after dress and the women helping me were very friendly and helpful.  I know other people who have bought there as well and everyone I have spoken to had a great experience there.  Good luck and have fun!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    A Bridal Affair on Oracle was very good as well.  My friend tried on quite a few gowns and the staff were very patient and helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Fran and Mrsbobafett... I plan on going to those places next. I  went to maya's palace up near my house... oracle/ina. However, they close some ridiculously early.I do like Maggie Sottero dresses though. So I will have to skip out work/school to go check the dresses out. hehe I was planning on going to bridal affair too.

Thank you girls; I really appreciate everyones help. :)
  • edited December 2011
    You won't believe this but I actually got mine from Target. My colors are black and white, so I went looking, not thinking I would find anything, but they are PERFECT!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love target. That dress is really cute too. :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Actually there is a nice boutique that just opened at Plaza Palomino called
    Gigi Bridal Boutique... They carry really nice dresses.... :)
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    oh the gigi bridal opened? I'll have to check it out. I am still dress-less... although, i found one that I might get, if i dont get anything else. lol not exactly what i want... im still waiting for "the one." bah. 
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Maya Palace and couldn't be happier plus the alterations are cheap if you buy your dress there!
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo. Erin was the sweetest ever!

Do not go to Hem & Her. Number 1 I had to reschedule my meeting with Joice (the owner) three times and I had dropped a friend's name who has had her make thousands of dollars in dresses for her at a fraction of the price for the designer dress. I went in for our meeting which I told her was to see about making my wedding gown....she "forgot" and was in Phoenix. Then I asked the other people there about how much a dress from Alfred Angelo's would cost if they remade it and a $1,400 dress would be $3000 or $4000 I was like nope good bye! I was going to have her make my bridesmaids dresses, rent the tuxes and do my wedding gown but she "forgot" I guess she'll "forget" the couple of grand I was going to bring her. Oh and they have a "for sale" sign on their plot.
    -The Future Mrs. Rystrom
  • edited December 2011
    I was not expecting to find anything in town, and I was SURE I would have to make a trip to Phoenix. I actually found a gorgeous dress - off the rack - on super sale - at A Tailor Tuxedo and Bridal. I was not even planning on buying that day, lol! Before that I had stopped in at Laura's Bridal and Maya Palace, just to look. Both of those places were super friendly, helpful, and not pushy at all. I'm pretty sure Laura's and Maya Palace can also order any Maggie Sottero gowns. Good luck!
  • Tina515Tina515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the new Alfred Angelo boutique on Oracle and Wetmore. Not so great if you don't like their designs but they were very affordable and nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elio23elio23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Alfred Angelo too.  They were great! I read a lot of bad reviews and was a little hesitant but they were awesome.  I told my consultant my budget and she found me the PERFECT dress for less than half! I would strongly reccommend them.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards