African American Weddings

Sidetracked...

I am doing everything in my power to avoid addressing these invitations...lol. I think I really am about to start though. How badly would y'all judge me if I just printed addresses on them...not on labels, but actually on the envelopes? I do not want to think about how long it would take my perfectionist behind to try to do them by hand and a calligrapher is not an option cause I took that out of the budget to upgrade my chairs...lol.

Be honest with me...I need the truth.
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Sidetracked...

• edited December 2011
    I dont know about you but I am sitting here addressing my invites right now... they are outta here on Jan 15th since they have to go cross country and to the islands. i dont see the problem with addressing them if the list is final. i wonder what the other ladies have to say....
    Anniversary
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see a problem at all. Just you a fancy script font. I'm doing wrap  around labels myself.
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is your handwriting pretty?! If so, go for it! 
  • edited December 2011
    will you be adding anything  else to the envelope to distinguish it? f
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sidetracked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:975c817d-b9ad-44d4-8933-e9218460f3ecPost:1bc29060-0ff6-4639-a46d-d4ce155c8221">Re: Sidetracked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is your handwriting pretty?! If so, go for it! 
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

That's just it...I don't want to write on them. We have 156 to mail out!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sidetracked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:975c817d-b9ad-44d4-8933-e9218460f3ecPost:a40382a3-425f-44a5-b580-08f56f1798f6">Re: Sidetracked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont know about you but I am sitting here addressing my invites right now... they are outta here on Jan 15th since they have to go cross country and to the islands. i dont see the problem with addressing them if the list is final. i wonder what the other ladies have to say....
    Posted by rodeo417[/QUOTE]

Oh, honey...it's time for them to go out. That isn't the issue...my lazy behind doesn't want to do them. I'm trying to see if I would be burned at the stake for printing the addresses on them.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sidetracked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:975c817d-b9ad-44d4-8933-e9218460f3ecPost:c0f0b8f1-2ae5-4b6e-a945-f9c546bd167f">Re: Sidetracked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see a problem at all. Just you a fancy script font. I'm doing wrap  around labels myself.
    Posted by TNMurray[/QUOTE]

I love the idea of them, but didn't get hip to that concept in time.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HA, I just realized I answer the WRONG question. I'm sleepy. But that shouldn't be a problem. Just get it done and get those invitations mailed out! lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sidetracked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:975c817d-b9ad-44d4-8933-e9218460f3ecPost:8af99894-b44e-4cba-9f29-3feb84004e3b">Re: Sidetracked...</a>:
    [QUOTE]will you be adding anything  else to the envelope to distinguish it? f
    Posted by GentleGroom[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...like what? I'm not being smart, I'm just clueless. So far, I was thinking to print in navy ink (my primary wedding color) and a scripty font.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    Girl just get some clear labels and do a fancy script on it... I wouldnt wish 100.200. not even 50 handwritten addresses on anyone...
    Anniversary
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Printing addresses is fine, just find a font that is pretty and different than the typical fonts you see all the time.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Printing on the actual envelope should be fine...but as others have said, use a nice font.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    I printed the addressees on the envelope using the same fancy font on my invitations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just used clear labels with a fancy but readable script font.  The etiquette police may arrest me, but I really don't think any of our guests noticed or cared.  I didn't realize people actually still handwrite addresses on invitations anymore (especially if you're sending out over 100 of them like I did).
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think using clear labels is a good idea. I think people will focus more on the actual invitation rather than the envelope. Most people.....lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I am a fan of labels, pre-cut fruit, canned veggies, preseasoned meat from the deli....pretty much ANYTHING that makes my life easier!! LOL I can be a bit of a perfectionist but you know that work and life get in the way and sometimes...you're just not feeling the "extra" stuff. I am also perfectly okay with printing directly on the envelope. Yes, I know it's SUPPOSED to be an etiquette faux pas, but I promise not to report you to anyone on the E board! Pick your beautiful font and run with it! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    print them on clear lables with a nice font.  i'm like most of the ladies.  i think most folk actually don't care.  i wrote mine, but i was only mailing 65.  if it was more, those suckers would have been typed.
  • edited December 2011
    Got it figured out, ladies! Thank you soooo much for your help. I will post a pic soon.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards