Virginia-Richmond

Locations for wedding and or reception.

My fiance and I have recently started planning our wedding and we are looking for places near and around richmond. If its possible can people give me ideas for locations because ive already reached the point of panicking about not getting everything doen on time lol. 

thanks keri

Re: Locations for wedding and or reception.

• klsheriffklsheriff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you decided on a budget, rough estimate of guests, and indoors vs outdoors?  That information would help narrow down what to suggest. 

Anniversary
  • tuliplexietuliplexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not OP, but I am looking for venues too.  I'm looking in the Richmond area, approximiately 120 guests.  I am looking for places that allow me to bring in my own caterer.  I'm open to indoor or outdoor, but would like a place with some charm/ambience (not just a generic conference room).  I'm hoping to keep the site rental fee under $4,000.
  • klsheriffklsheriff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_locations-wedding-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:607Discussion:d9d35e72-1908-4fe8-8e98-ed53563bc6faPost:4e258b2b-687f-4506-ab3b-4371ce64c6a0">Re: Locations for wedding and or reception.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not OP, but I am looking for venues too.  I'm looking in the Richmond area, approximiately 120 guests.  I am looking for places that allow me to bring in my own caterer.  I'm open to indoor or outdoor, but would like a place with some charm/ambience (not just a generic conference room).  I'm hoping to keep the site rental fee under $4,000.
    Posted by tuliplexie[/QUOTE]

<div>We are having our ceremony and reception both at Main Street Station.  It can accomodate that amount of people for a cocktail style reception, but only 100 for a seated dinner.  For four hours it is $1500, and you can add on additional hours for just under $400.  There are also fees for security, clean up, and a damage deposit.  They allow you to bring your own caterer, which is one of the many reasons we were interested.  A lot of places I looked at wouldn't allow you to do that, you had to pick from a list of 4 to 5 expensive caterers.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Other suggestions for something different: Science Museum, Valentine History Center (indoor and outdoor options).  I'm not sure if those allow your own caterer though, you may have to pick from a list.  I hope that helps.  </div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My venue allows you to bring your own caterer, and I called at least 20 caterer's in the area and was overwhelmed, then started calling rental companies for linens, chair covers etc.  What a headache!!!  Finally I followed my sisters advice and called this company who is doing EVERYTHING  Caterer, Bar Staff, DJ, Photography, Linens, coordination, etc. etc. They've been amazing!  www.primoevents.net 757-965-2369  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards